posting problem

is anyone else having problems posting to this group ?

Reply to
dick

depends if you want to top post or bottom post. it seems if you top post certain people cant read...it !!!! ;-)

Reply to
Richard

Nope !

Reply to
Peter

Erm I'm for a simple life, and if that means reading down the post to make sense of it then thats fine by me. Of course different cultures have different protcols for the written word.

tub fi ew lla detrats gnittup ruo txet morf eht rehto edis ti dluow eb a hctib ot daer os elpoep ekat on eciton soc s'ti oot drah oot ekam ecnes fo.

MIWSYI

D eeL

Reply to
Lee_D

Dick asked: is anyone else having problems posting to this group ?

Dadio replied: If with NTL you may get problems sometimes.... see earlier thread "Newsreader Issue" 24/8/05.

Reply to
Dadio

Nope - aside from all the random noise being generated by dick ( snipped-for-privacy@sover.net)

Reply to
EMB

pey

Reply to
Richard

Vs jr nyy jebgr yvxr guvf gura gur crbcyr hfvat bhgybbx (jub trarenyyl frrz gb or gur gbc cbfgref gbb) zbfg yvxryl pbhyqag ernq vg nf v org gurl qbag unir gur evtug ohggbaf!

Reply to
Tom Woods

Fmpppfppm Fppppfppfmpmfmm fpppffppffmpmpp:

fpppffppffmpmpp:

pfffmfppf fmpfpfmppfmp ppmppfpffmpf mppmfpfmp pffmppmfpfmpppf mppmpmmfffmm fmpmff mpmpmffmfppffpp mppmmp mmm

ppfppp mppmmfmfffmpppfppp fmmppfmmf fmm'fmpmff ppfppffmp mpmpffmmmmfp ppfppffmp mpppmpmmmppm mppmmfpppmppfmm mpfppf.

mfmfmfpff mmfpffmmpmmfffmpff mfpmpffpmmmmfmp mmpmfpmfmffmmmpmmpfpf (pmmfmfmmp fmppffmmmpffmpppppffmffmpmf

mfmmmpmmp) ffpmmpmpfmfm ffmfpmfpfpffffmpmf pfmmmpmfpffmpfpmmmmfm mpppffppppfp fpmmfm pppmpf fpm ppfpffmfm

Mmpfmffmp mfffmp'fmm mpfmffpppmpp mffppp Fmp'mmpmffpffmpm

Reply to
EMB

Top posting is not per-se an issue. The issue is with those who make a big issue of "I prefer to do it this way so f*ck the rest of you".

I have do a problem reading their posts as I generally add them to the f****it bucket (or 'filter' or 'twitlist', or 'killfile')...

Hope this help your understanding of netiquette.

Reply to
Mother

Equally so the converse!

Reply to
Dougal

wayne

On or around Sun, 18 Sep 2005 12:15:23 +0100, Dougal enlightened us thusly:

in most groups though there's a tendency to go one way or the other, and to arrive and deliberately do the opposite is like driving the wrong way around the dogems...

...ah.

erm...

is like driving the wrong way around a race track. If everyone else in the group bottom posts, then bottom posting is the way to go.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

At the risk of providing evidence that I'm not particularly PC savvy - what is this 'top posting' and bottom posting' all about?

Do I post 'top' or 'bottom'? How do you change it?

Does it really annoy people that much?

Icky.

Reply to
the ickys

Replying at the top or the bottom of the message.

Use a decent newsreader or if you're really intent on using Outlook Express then download OE-Quotefix from

Yes... that much and more. Sort of a bit like driving the wrong way down the motorway.

Reply to
EMB

is this 'top posting' and

then download OE-Quotefix from

I can't understand the problem people have with outlook express I use it I just cut and paste my name/ sig Yes top posting does annoy a lot of people I used to top post but when in Rome and all that Bottom posting works as long as people remember to snip previous posts it makes the posts manageable and readable Most of the time people don't have a problem with top posters until they says f**k you I'm top posting come what may

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

Yep outlook has it.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Mon, 19 Sep 2005 01:38:16 +0100, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

ew ahev a htnig ni hte hsde nkwon sa ubddrcpyt, faetr hte nievtnro.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

inec! -:)

owlud eb vene ebttre fi uyo oclud dad a iftlre niot ganet ot rtnalstae ti uaotamigaclly ofr uyo.

Reply to
Tom Woods

On or around Mon, 19 Sep 2005 18:11:16 +0100, Tom Woods enlightened us thusly:

heh . best thign about it is that it's readable with a bit of effort without filters. 'course, yer cebcre sheddi can read and type EBG-13 without rssbeg, especially the words which refer to such unsheddi activity as uneq jbex or fcrnqvat zbarl.

Reply to
Austin Shackles