Power Loss - Help

I have a 1990 90 with a 2.5 turbo diesel engine, the problem I've just started to encounter is that occasionally on a longish journey (more than 30 mins or so) if I'm cruising at 60ish there is a power loss and the vehicle drops to about 45 mph, putting it back in 4th seems to help, it also seems to happen more often uphill, even on the slighted gradient this has never happened in the previous 2 years. About the same time as this started I notice that when i take the diesel filler cap off there is a load pop as thoughthte contents are under pressure - does this mean that the fuel cap breather is faulty (do cars still have these?) are these two problems related? Any advise would be most appeciated as I'm running on a tight budget and haven't paid back my credit card from the last visit to the garage for a leaky brake drum. Thanks

Reply to
Mark Cable

Do a google on filler cap.. this is not the first time I've heard this problem... Try it on your next similar run with the cap off or slack...

Google on groupss, then alt.fan.landrover then search only within alt.fan.landrove on filler cap

do you hear a "donk" . If so it will be the fuel tank assuming it's normal shape.

Lee D

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D