Power Windows 1991 Discovery

Hi All

When I Press button to put front windows up all other windows go down (Laugh) if you hold both front buttons down they don't

Any info for problem Much needed

Regards

Skinty

Reply to
skinty

I'd guess a rotten earth or faulty window ECM.

The 1995 manual is for something newer than yours but I think the basics will still apply:

Dougal

In message , skinty writes

This happened a couple of times to me and I never did get to the bottom of it because by the time I got to the faultfinding stage the fault had vanished.

I got over it by holding the window trying to go down until the one I wanted to close had closed. Bit of brute force and definitely ignorance but it hasn't happened in about two years.

If you fid out what's wrong with yours please share! Regards

Reply to
Martin Beenham

When switches inter-act like that you normally discover that they have one common lead and that's come off. Hence you are feeding back through other bits of circuitry like lights through what ought to be ground or something.

nigelH

Reply to
Nigel Hewitt