Powerstroke Disco

It struck me that a Powerstroke 2.8 converted Disco would be rather nice. Any idea where to buy one second hand?

David.

Reply to
David French

On or around Mon, 1 Mar 2004 22:05:56 -0000, "David French" enlightened us thusly:

Buy disco with shagged engine, spend about 5 grand on powerstroke motor, fit same.

I seriously doubt you'll find one already done, unless it bankrupted the owner in the process...

mind, there are probably some cheap ones with tired V8s in by now, or well-worn 200TDis.

Your main criterion would be the condition of the vehicle - it'd only be worth doing to a good'un.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I have an "M" reg 300tdi disco with no engine that would be ideal for this type of project. Make me an offer.

David

Reply to
D.P.Round

On or around Tue, 2 Mar 2004 10:23:57 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@bangor.ac.uk (D.P.Round) enlightened us thusly:

heh. it was Dave French who was speculating.

but yes, it would. What's happened to the engine?

I understand that the powerstroke is near enough direct swap for a 300, but I'd want to be sure of the condition of the gearbox and its output shaft.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I'll email you!

Reply to