Problem replacing heater core

1990 Disco

I've got the heater out OK but cannot split it to replace the core. According to the Haynes manual I should be able to slide the lower edge of the inlet flap through a gap between the blower motor housing and outer case while separating the two halves. Problem is - there isn't a gap so the cut-out in the inlet flap holds the two halves together as it goes either side of the blower motor housing.

I've spent over an hour trying all ways and now hoping someone can give me a hint because I am out of ideas.....

The label on the heater is: RANGE ROVER BTR 0410

TIA

Reply to
Martin Beenham

In message , Martin Beenham writes

Trimming down the inlet flap allowed me to separate the heater. How it was originally assembled I cannot imagine.

Reply to
Martin Beenham

The same way they get the magic smoke into the electrics!

Reply to
JacobH