Problem with my 2003 Range Rover :(

I recently bought a used 2003 Range Rover with 30k miles and it has been performing wonderfully but now I've encountered a problem. Today I pulled the car out of my driveway and just steered it toward the side of the road and opened the door and put the car in park and took the key out of the ignition then when to grab something out of my house that I forgot. After returning to the car I closed the door and tried to start the car again, but the car would not let me turn the key to start the engine. I insert the key but I just can't turn it to Position II or III to get the engine started, the battery on the key does not seem to be dead nor does the battery of the car. What could be wrong?

Reply to
Unknown

Rotate your steering wheel slightly to one side. Then turn the key.

Reply to
ricochet rabbit

I'd put money on you having left it in gear? Auto boxes won't start if they're in anything other than park.

If it's not that, I'd go with Ricochet's steering lock suggestion.

David French

Oops, I should be more careful with my money.

Reply to
David French

The day I bought my land rover I stopped at a petrol station and couldn't start it because of the steering wheel lock. I have to push the barrel lock in quite a way before it will unlock! felt very silly.

Reply to
Olly R

So ...

What was it?!