Problems with Land Rover Discovery series 1 condenser fans

Hi all,

Driving last week, towing the van with the aircon on, I noticed that our Disco V8 was getting warmer than usual driving up the hills around Brisbane (Australia). This is a car that the temp guage rarely moved, until now.

When we got back home, I checked to see if the electric fans were working and no, they were not!

I found out new fans were 700 to 900 bucks each and second hand ones at this time, not about, locally.

So I did some googling and found out some Toyota variants used the same fan motor. I went to All Jap Spares at Virgina this morning and picked up two Toyota Paseo/Clynos condenser fans for $45 each.

The fan motors are identical, except for the drain tube.

The compatable fans are:

1995 to 1999 Toyota Paseo model EL52 (Not sure of equivelent models in the UK) 1995 to 1999 Toyota Cynos model EL54 (Japanese)

Plus I believe the 1993-97 Toyota Corolla maybe the same as well as some of the RAV4's.

The only thing that needs altering is the electrical junction and that is a snip and reclip job.

Cheers, Ron

Reply to
Ron

Nice one Ron!