Proposed "Third Gear"

Don't know if this has been up before, but just read this:

It's written, apparently, by a representative for the group suggesting it, so it's difficult to see it as deliberate satire. But they can't be serious, can they?

Can they?

Reply to
Torak

On or around Fri, 22 Sep 2006 14:16:56 +0200, Torak enlightened us thusly:

I sincerely hope not.

while there is scope for more "sensible" stuff about motors, the suggested program would be crap - principally because the person designing it clearly lacks what in the trade we call a "clue".

Reply to
Austin Shackles

methinks that article was published two weeks later than scheduled

Reply to
William Tasso

All you need to do is form a team of crackpots into an "organisation" of indeterminate size, then give the news hungry media regular press releases and hey presto you become a credible voice when ever a story breaks and they need a quote. Ever wondered how the National Viewers Association became the voice of the Television watchers despite having a tiny membership and no support from the public at large as Alf would say "silly moo's" Derek

Reply to
Derek

I mean, the way it's written it feels like it should be satire. But if they're trying to make Top Gear eco-friendly, I can't imagine them spoofing themselves like that.

Reply to
Torak

Aaah, now don't get me started. Ever heard of Mothers Against Guns and their aversion to facts?

Reply to
Torak

And "Brake" - all three of them (or whatever). They seem to be consulted whenever anything to do with road safety is on. Who are they, what is their expertise, and who do they represent? Don't answer.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

No, Go on. I used to be an occasional pistol shooter, but couldn't afford it and gave up long before the ban, still I don't think they should have been banned.

Steve

Reply to
steve

MAG got it into what they were pleased to call their heads that anything that looked like a gun could be converted to fire live ammunition by a toddler with a toothpick. This led to them releasing an advert showing a bunch of kids running around in the forest with BB guns, shooting at each other; one of the kids, however, has a real Browning Hi-Power, and unwittingly kills all his mates. Obviously no one notices the difference between an airsoft springer and live ammo.

There are so many things wrong with their entire stance, I don't know where to start.

Reply to
Torak

Torak wrote: ...has a real Browning Hi-Power, and

....and the chances of the little scrote actually being able to hit anything with a Browning....

Steve

Reply to
steve

Oh yes, that ad's a whole planetful of realism.

Reply to
Torak