Proud of the new club site!

Well Martyn's been busy , more to get the membership renewals up on line but the rest of the sites structure is looking good.

I especially like the random picture function :0) ... nothing to do with a piccy of Morph as a Baby being on there you see!

Anyway, seems that those of you who can't find a stamp now have no excuse not to join up on line. I have to say that the Club mag "Six stud" is worth every penny, along with the insurance discounts and club parts you can't afford not to be in even if your only day dreaming of 101's

I'll also have no excuse for looking at a snail mail envelope for weeks thinking "must post that".

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Getting there. Still a lot to do, like online spares, club shop stuff and randomly generating winning lottery numbers...

Yeah, have you noticed how 'unrandom' it seems to be?

There are 70 random images and Morph comes up ~ one in 10 hits :-)

(Blush) Make sure you all bookmark it!

Those on the alpha and beta test stages can use it now - it doesn't get to 'go public' until the AGM this Saturday.

Reply to
Mother

Now that you have online forms and secure stuff and methods of confirming our identity have you considered doing an online version of the proxy vote form for the AGM? You'd get atleast one more form back per year then (it can't just be me that has no fax and hasnt sent a snail mail letter in months?)

You must have got all the ones of morph then as i didnt get it once!. I sat there for ages refreshing it and eventually gave up and just had a browse of the random images folder (thankyou for making it browseable!). I did get that one of the (presumably prototype?) GS with the big dumper tyres and the powered trailer about 1 in 5 refreshes though!)

Reply to
Tom Woods

I don't really want this to sound like a rant, but I cannot see why we should have to go down this route? If members 'can't be arsed' to pay

21p for a stamp or go borrow someone elses fax machine, then basically they're too lazy to bother about IMO.

There's a _lot_ of work already goes into running this club - creating more for the apathetic few who are only interested in cheap spares and insurance or leeching lots of free advice and help is _so_ low down my list of things to do as to be amongst, 're-invent the wheel' and 'tidy my desk'. It aint necessary and it aint going to happen.

Like I said, hopefully not too much of a rant, and nothing personal to the lazy parasitic gits who CBA to return their forms...

Reply to
Mother

I've never returned one and unlikely to. If I did feel strongly enough to have a overwhelming concern to cast a vote I'd do it in person. I would hazard a guess many people don't actually understand or care to understand the underlying politics of the groups set up, few will be able to put names to faces or be aware of if an individual is likely to be any better than the next person at a particular role. Of the two people I actually know well enough to say, "Yes I'd vote for them, they have done a good job", they have openly stated they want to stand down from their posts which kind of leaves me in a quandry IYSWIM, I'm aware of another possible up for election but I may be confused and be voting for someone I neither know or have ever met. But yes I can do parasitic and git but probably too bone to do both at the same time. ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Who, the "Steve Taylor" at the bottom of the form ?

Who he ?

Steve (Taylor)

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Yep see your point, helicopters are far more fun than counting votes :0)

So I'm ok for external pannels at least :-D

And can turn up as long as I don't open the doors....

Do you take plastic? ;-)

Yes indeedy. I was unsure if it was our Steve or A.N. Other but I'm sure he will make a good erm.. er thingy wotsit and I feel he would fit the post very well :-D (Parts developement summat if my drunken memory serves me right wasn't it?)

HELL NO! That was the best bit!

Right now I've taken the Piss big time I would like I do appreciate all the efforts of those on the Committee or what ever the correct collective name is.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Thu, 24 Nov 2005 18:26:04 +0000, Mother enlightened us thusly:

There are no black helicopters.

Move along, please, nothing to see here.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Just to try and proove that i could do it if i put my mind to it i had

2 attempts at faxing today and was outwitted by the fax machine at work a couple of times and then by the windows XP fax software. I can make my pc beep onto my mobile phone answering machine but not talk to a proper fax machine. This is why i suggested an online form. I can work them!
Reply to
Tom Woods

Oh yes there are nasty mean looking beasties they are as well. I don't like Apaches flying over. Tornadoes, Jaguars, Chinooks, Hercules etc just don't have that "I'm built to kill and thats what I'm going to do" look.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Yeah yeah yeah... :-)

The meeting? Well, you didn't miss much - 30 or so members (a record though I reckon) all sat around drinking Gin and Tonics, snorting quality coke, fondling the pretty dancing girls and scoffing quails eggs was all a bit dull if you ask me...

Reply to
Mother