Psst - wanna buy a range rover?

I've not been using the Rangie ('cos it's cold and ICBA to fix the heater motor, and I've otyher vehicles availble) and, nice as it is I don't

*really* miss it - and it costs me to keep it insured and taxed and MOTed, quite a bit when you add it all up. I've also still got the 4x4 sierra and I'd really like to get that back to usable condition, which is gonna take some money - and if I have the rangie on the road, it'll absorb any spare cash for playing with vehicles.

Plus, I fancy buying a new camera...

So, any of you lot want ot buy it?

1991 3.9 Auto Vogue, 100K plus miles but a very nice engine in it. 'box does all it's meant to do and doesn't seem to do anything it shouldn't.

Good tailgates, except rear screen heater is broken, terminal is off it. Usual RR rust in the C pillars, both have been repaired. Offside inner wing was repaired by me for last MOT and should be OK for this time. One C-pillar repair might need revisiting (the one I didn't do...)

It's got twin underslung LPG tanks, LPG is single-point closed loop and works well, will fire up on LPG from cold. Petrol system all working, I put a new pump in it when I got it.

Tyres are 4x General grabber AT2, about 10mm tread on them, on original alloys - also has an alloy spare.

Only other bad points I can think of are the heater motor (siezed, and the low speeds are non-functional so will need resistor pack as well) and the electric sunroof don't work.

Oh yeah, rear box is not present on the exahust, it's got a plain pipe. *I* think that's a good thing... no cats as it's '91.

Apart from that it's in good nick and runs well. Colour? Dark blue metallic.

Considering the tyres (about 300 quidsworth) and the gas system, I reckon I'm looking for OIRO 1000 quid.

If I don't get takers, it'll be going on fleabay in a bit.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Tue, 02 Feb 2010 10:11:15 +0000, Austin Shackles enlightened us thusly:

shoulda said, tax til end of July, MOT is in September sometime.

Reply to
Austin Shackles