Q: Where to buy hardened valve seats?

Hi,

as I have decided to do the cylinder head overhaul by myself (and friend who is able to do the Job) I need to buy the hardened valve seats (for leadfree fuel) but do not have any clue where to get them. The ordinary parts as valves, guides, springs and so on are everywhere available (Paddock, Craddock and so on) but no valve seat rings.

Raoul

Reply to
Raoul Donschachner

I assume this is for a 2.25 petrol, as the V8, having an alloy head, has hardened valve seats by default.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

Yes, for the 2.25. I knew, I did forget anything really important in my posting ;)

Raoul

Reply to
Raoul Donschachner

I think you can get a whole replacement cylinder head. This is the way I will go when I need to do it. Trouble is by that time it will need a lot more than just the head replacing. For now I am running on unleaded and be damned.

Reply to
Larry

I know, but it isn´t worth the money for me because I am doing it with a friend who has done it often before, so I only have to pay the parts which is really cheap. I am also doing a complete rebuild of the engine.

Raoul

Reply to
Raoul Donschachner