Question about adhering Support Our Troops ribbon

Strange as it may seem, I tried to adhere one of those Support Our Troops yellow magnetic ribbons to my Land Rover Discovery. Haven't had the truck that long, but the ribbon didn't adhere to the usual places one one adhere the ribbon. I am wondering if the lack of magnetic capability is due to the fact that those parts were possibly in an accident and replaced by a body shop, or quite possibly the LR is constructed differently than American cars and the inside structure is not fully magnetic. Just curious.

Reply to
FrankG

Your LandRover sports an aluminium body! consequently it is generally non magnetic!

Reply to
JacobH

It's not made from steel!!!

It's aluminium.

Reply to
Nige

Try the roof (Steel) ... Lee

Reply to
Dr_D

Fuck that, the yank army will take that as a marker & missile the poor bloke!!

Reply to
Nige

Thanks, I did find a few places that it adhered to. I had it on the door, then I moved it above the side window area.

Reply to
FrankG

It's not a truck, either ....

Reply to
Duracell Bunny

Hehe this reminds me of when my nice new magnetic Bluetooth GPS extension aerial arrived. Put it on the roof of my Defender and it slid off. D'oh! Fortunately the cyclone top on the snorkel is steel and it sticks like s to a b, and gets perfect satellite coverage to boot as it's the highest thing on my vehicle.

Dave.

Reply to
Dave Gibbs

Truck truck truck! And snip yer posts ;-)

What is this, pedant's week?

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

You can of course fool it, put a mild steel plate on the other side of the aluminum panel and you're back to stb!

Reply to
GbH

we've had this argument before!, and i believe it was you upside-down people who objected to the word 'truck' back then too ;)

I personally call mine a truck on occasion too :p

Reply to
Tom Woods

A 101 cannot be called anything else Tom!!

Reply to
Nige

Well maybe it is according to the British Army who designate a Wolf as a Truck Utility Medium. though personally I thought a wolf was something that ran around in sheeps clothing.

Just whatever you do don't call it a jeep, though you can call a jeep anything you like so long as I care.

Reply to
Larry

Well yours (and mine) IS !

Steve

Reply to
steve

Nige uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Yes, If parked upside down it's a ute in'it ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Dr_D

On or around Fri, 5 Jan 2007 18:15:54 -0000, "Larry" enlightened us thusly:

I thought the wolf was "Truck Utility Light (Heavy Duty)" ?

Reply to
Lord Austin the Ebullient of Happy Bottomshire

If my (and other peoples) experiences are anything to go by, your missus probably knows a few more names for a 101 ;)

Reply to
Tom Woods