Question about propshafts with a 2" lift

I've heard various tales about changing the prop shafts on Disco 1's after fitting a 2" lift, never bothered before but trying to get the current car properly sorted :)

Am I right in thinking that I should be considering a double cardon front prop (from a D2) and a rear prop from a 200tdi (without the rubber coupling). Do they just bolt straight on?

Is it worth doing this please?

Reply to
Andy

yes they are both worth considering, and no the rear doesn't quite 'just bolt on' but not far off .. you also need the diff output flange .. 300 is a triangular flange, 200 is a square.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Thanks Paul, assume I will need 2 x diff output flanges? What else needs doing to get the rear to fit?

Reply to
Andy

I would have thought if you are talking props then the flange would be the input to the diff.

??

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

No. Front prop as far as I am aware is OK.

Rear prop fits OK at the front next to the handbrake drum, but the rear diff input flange (rear prop output flange) is what's different. 200 prop has square flange, 300 diff has triangular flange and rubber donut. Swap the 300 diff input drive flange for a 300 one.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

As would I, unless it was on the overrun?

Reply to
GbH

A 12inch c*ck might help :)

Reply to
Nige

Dont forget to get the spacer for the rear diff input flange too

Reply to
johnty

This guy here does alternate prop shafts and companion flanges.

mark