question about service on Land Rovers

Just curious if it's easy to find service stations in the U.S. other than going to a Land Rover dealer to do repairs. I am curious if the parts are overly expensive, if the parts are metric. Thanks.

Reply to
Tee

I imagine you can get a service done at most places in the US as in the UK, as long as all parts (filters etc) are genuine Land Rover then your warrenty should be ok, such parts should be easy to get even if they come from the Main Dealers, the Labour charge will likely be lower at a non-dealer.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Reply to
news

I spend plenty of time in remote desert areas and having the dealers mechanic strip my oil drain screw once, forget to tighten a brake line, and a local mechanic leaving a couple vacuum hoses off by mistake means I do all my own maintenance now. If you want it done and done right, learn and get busy.

Reply to
Marc

Which is fine for the mechanical bits but not once the perishing computers start to get involved. The OP doesn't state the vintage or model of Land Rover he wants service for, it may be one that predates computers but that would indicate an "enthusiast" and thus not likely to be asking such a question in the first place.

How much would a Testbook put you back? Always assuming LR will sell one to a private individual.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

OK, thanks. I have a Ford Explorer presently but would like to get a Land Rover someday. I have to think about the repairs though because I sorta live in the boondocks which of course would make service a big inconvenience. I will have to drive a distance to buy it, unless I guy a used one at a car dealership. I could have had one several months ago for only $9,000. The non-LR dealer put it on ebay but they made it seem like they had bidders who were going to bid over $13,000 so I didn't bid, and then it ended up going at $9,000. It was really nice too. Oh well. A lot of car dealers are slimy like these guys were.

Reply to
Tee