question for the GPS dude....

GPS-dude.. the wife is after a gps for her car, I'm probably going for a tomtomgo for me, can one of those be set-up to warn of speed camera locations? she drives a saab 9000 turbo, you know how it is.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Indeed it can, the v4.42 upadte unlocked full custom POI support so that it can utilise our Safety Camera database.

Reply to
Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld

Darren

I bought a Navman 3450 jacket for my IPAQ a while back, but it has packed up.

Do you know any tips to get it working again?

I have all the latest updates etc off the navman website, but it will not see any satalites.

What do you recon?

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

The most likely cause is failure of the internal antenna assuming it is definitely not seeing any satellites. You should us a utility such as Navmans GPS Infor or Winfast Navigator to confirm no NMEA data is being received. If the internal antenna has failed then the only alternative is to use an external antenna connected to the acessory antenna socket on the

3450.

GPS Info:

Winfast Navigator
and the guide to its use is at:

Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld

Diamond.

Thanks for that. If it has failed, what sort of warrenty do these jackets have?

I have the reciept, and its defo under a year old.

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

thanks dude.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

It will almost certainly have a 12mth warranty, the retailer is legally responsible for this so I would approach them in the first instance. Any probs let me know?

Reply to
Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld

Can it also use checkPOInt or POI warner?

Reply to
SimonJ

The TomTom Go can't no but then it has built-in POI Alert functionality with a selcetion of alert sound files so utils like CheckPOInt and POI-Warner are unnecessary :)