Question re: climate control

Hello all.

I own an '03 Disco II. How does one switch the digital climate control settings from Celsius to Fahrenheit? I've tried every combination of button on the climate control device, but I can't get them to change. I would consult the Owner's Manual, but my Disco didn't come with one. I would appreciate your help.

Cheers,

R. Duke

Reply to
Raoul Duke

Try this...

Press and hold the air recirculation button, at the same time press and hold the on/off button for three seconds. A beep will sound to indicate the converstion has taken place. Hope this works.

Cheers

Gary

Reply to
Gazza

Just out of curiosity why would you want to? Are you American? I thought all civilised countries used centigrade these days.

Reply to
Viviane

It worked. Thanks, Gary.

Reply to
Raoul Duke

Yes, I am an American. I grew up using Fahrenheit, so the centigrade numbers on my climate control don't do me a whole lot of good. I can't tell you what 21 degrees centigrade feels like, but I can tell you whether 71 degrees F is a good temperature.

--RD

Reply to
Raoul Duke

It's 21 in my office right now and I'd prefer around 13 personally..

there you go ;o)

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Are you a very furry creature? Do you sleep outdoors at night in Summer? You must!

Huw

Reply to
Huw

On or around Wed, 01 Dec 2004 14:30:10 +0000, Mr.Nice. enlightened us thusly:

well, the case of my computer is 36 and the CU is 55.

this is much better than it was a couple of weeks ago before I cleaned all the dust out of the heat sink and the ventilation holes.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

My point of return is around 10 - above I just wear a t-shirt, below I start using a (thin) jacket.

regards - Ralph

Reply to
Ralph A. Schmid, DK5RAS

Fair enough. I grew up in England with Fahrenheit but have been in Australia for 22 years and now can only relate to Centigrade. However I'm still coming to grips with heights in metres - if police say they're looking for someone 1.70 metres I have trouble working out if that a pigmy or a giant. It's just a matter of what you're used to. Hope you've been able to fix your climate control.

Reply to
Viviane

I still mentally convert deg C to Deg F when it gets reasonably warm, i.e., up into the 40+ deg C. It sounds warmer in deg F.

Fortunately our climate allows me to wear shorts all year round. I wear them to work as we are supplied shorts as part of our uniform. I own one long sleeved shirt - supplied by my employer but I'ver never worn it. I wear short sleeves all year round.

What am I wearing now at 1:17 am? a pair of shorts, no shirt, no shoes, no socks. too, blooooooody hot. I do own a rain coat. But I can't remember the last time I wore it.. It was more than three years ago - before I started this job that I now do.

Ron Beckett Emu Plains, Australia

1995 P38A Range Rover HSE 4.6 Litre V8

Reply to
The Becketts

Reasonably warm, that's bloody roasting!

A year or two ago it got to 37C in my back garden and the only way I survived was to spend all afternoon sitting in the kids paddling pool.

Mid to high 20's is enough for me thank you very much :-)

Reply to
Simon Barr

Quite, the hottest I've been in was about 43C fortunately it was also dry so sweating had the desired effect but all the same I gave up on the short (1/2 mile or so) from the hotel to the old town half way across the carpark, 50yds at the very most. I retreated back to the airconditioned hotel foyer via the shade of the trees.

Yep, but of course if Ron came up here ATM he'd feel the need for pullovers, thermal underwear and long thick coat and it's not even cold today at 5C. A little bit of wind around F5 (20mph) so the windchill is is down to -5C does mean I put a windproof over the T shirt and fleece.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice