Quick snow

7 am went to work in blizzards promised to take the kids out in the landrover after work there should be about 3ft of snow by then. 4:30pm where's it all bloody gone..

Look north weather man stood in 3ft of it on sutton bank here in Dewsbury only white on my drive is bird droppings. Taking the day off next time. Adrian Ford.

Reply to
Adrian Ford

Well just goes to show what a difference a few miles can make and a (few hundred yards higher). It's funny listening the story about the RAC man stuck on the moors whilst looking out of your window and no snow..

Adrian Ford

Reply to
Adrian Ford

Like that just down the road from here

follow the Feb 23/24/25th links). I'm sure I bounced of the bank at least once getting through. Also hoping that nothing was coming the other way, single track width cut by the plough. With the wind and amount of snow in the air it wouldn't take long to get buried enough to be stuck, even in a Disco.

I'm not surprised. Anyone younger than about 30 will never have driven in serious snow conditions before. People just don't know how to deal with it. Even some of the people up here havn't much idea and we get falls of several inches snow every winter so lack of experience can't be the reason.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

It was just like that but with the road covered & a howling gale blowing it over the tops of the drifts!

Ages since I saw it like that! ;~)

Nige

-- Subaru WRX (The Bitch)

Series 3 Landrover 88" (Albert)

"No, I'm Brian"

Reply to
Nige

It was white out for several tens of yards round the corner in the second photo but it's a tad difficult to photograph a white snow bank and white spin drift against a white background. B-) Thats why the corner of the bank is placed against the vehicles so it can be seen.

The snow blower has trundled past in the last hour heading up towards Teesdale. First time we've seen the snow blower in the 5 years we have been up here and the first time for a good many years before that as well.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I heard it was "good" up Holm Moss area, my boss lives in Queensbury and he said he hasn't seen it that bad for a long time.

Reply to
George Spigot