Rabbits

Fupping rabbits, why do they leap out 10' in front of you? Had one do that early Monday morning driving down to Leeds for work. It managed to collide just inside the offside front head light, smashing the corner of the grill, the plastic headlamp shroud pop riveted to the metal work behind and two of the headlamp adjuster sockets. Grrr...

Hopping mad, bunny wasn't hopping anymore though, body there, guts over there, clumps of fur spread along 20yds of road. Though it was a pheasant at first due to the plume of white floaty bits.

No doubt the grill, being a large and colour co-ordinated plastic moulding fupping expensive. B-) 2001 Disco II Bonati Grey.

Looked on Beamends but not listed...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Was it a very tall rabbit?, or is your disco very low? :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

If a kamkazie rabbit smash's your headlamp, think yourself lucky!. Try hitting a fox in an Astra van, you will need:

New Bumper

2 new headlight units 1 new Radiator (with etc) 1 number plate

Good job it was a works van, that lot was expensive. Must have used at least 50 litres of water to get back home. Stopped at every petrol station i could find!!.

Dom J

Reply to
Dom J

A friend of mine had problems with one of his headlights, which he eventually traced back to a large fish wedged behind the light.. An odd one that. He'd been wading and the light hadn't been right since then.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I can only assume that it tried to jump up out of the way at the last moment rather than running or stopping. The chances are the wheels would have missed it for the latter cases. If it had been a normal car it would have come up the bonnet and made intimate contact with the windscreen right in front of me...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Send me your VIN and they soon will be!

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

We've got bunnies hopping all over our garden at the moment, but not one has got close to jumping the 3ft required to reach a Disocovery headlight.

Are you posting this message as a way of pretending that you haven't just hit a tree on an offroad excursion that you haven't been making...?

Reply to
David Willerton

I once put a red grouse through the radiator of a Range Rover. But of course up here in Scotland, we have CLASS! Our rabbits wouldn't dare...

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

No, it was a rabbit, honest. The bumper is unmarked let alone damaged, a tree wouldn't allow that... The grill is mangled in the lower left corner, the seperate headlamp trim that wraps around from the grill to the side is OK AFAICT. The center line of that trim is 700mm or 27.5" above the deck.

I didn't see it well enough before impact to identify what it was, the plume of white floaty bits made me think it was a pheasant. I've had them fly into the windscreen of a car before now...

I stopped, inspected the damage and put the headlight back in the as best it would with only one fully functional adjuster socket, the other two being broken. Fished out several bits of broken plastic from the headlight cowl/shroud that is behind the grill and went back to find what it was... Definately a large, adult, rabbit.

I knew I should have taken a picture of said dead bunny... mind you the Doubting Thomas's would have said that just *a* dead bunny not

*the* dead bunny. B-)
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Did it have a small basket with it containing chocolate eggs? If so you are in DEEP SHIT buddy...

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

No, some of it's intestines where 10' from the body.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

YHM.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I know its sad but it amused me...........

A precious little girl walks into a pet shop and asks, with the sweetest little lisp, between two missing teeth, "Excuthe me, mithter do you keep widdle wabbits?"

As the shopkeeper's heart melts, he gets down on his knees so that he's on her level and asks, "Do you want a widdle white wabbit,or a thoft and fuwwy bwack wabbit, or maybe one like that cute widdle bwown wabbit over there?"

She, >

Reply to
Tony

On or around Thu, 02 Jun 2005 19:20:35 GMT, "Tony" enlightened us thusly:

silly sod... but yes, it amused me too.

Reply to
Austin Shackles