Rain

I sat in my landie today during one of the frequent downpours watching the water cascade into the back and the front and thought I really ought to get round to replacing the door seals.

In fact watching it come in the passenger door, made me realise why it had gone so rotten at a particular point.

Sadly I botched up replacing the window channel today, you need to make a hole so the the window locking catch can come through, and I really F*cked it up, Oh well it will only go rusty again and then I can do a better job :)

Reply to
Larry

The trick is to put the catch up and press down the new piece of channel on top of it and then drill where the indent is. Or put some paint on the catch and press the channel down on it. I know this as i have just recently done my front window channel and the old channel was just held together by moss and disintegrated on removal so i couldnt use it as a template.

Adrian Ford

Reply to
Adrian Ford

When I did that job I had an odd bit of steel strip the same thickness as the window glass, which I could clamp in a vise as a support. You need to mark the seal in the correct place. Then I made two hacksaw cuts to define the ends of the hole.

Joining the cuts is left as an exercise for the reader...

Reply to
David G. Bell

Bloody mongrels who boast about rain. 8-)

Mate, send it down here. We are badly in need of the stuff

Ron Emu Plains, Australia

Reply to
The Becketts