range rover 4.0 help !!!

i have this problem:

when i start the car the outside temp is 0 (zero !!) and the cold clima not run. i wait about five minuts and the outside temp is going up to the real temperature.

what is ?? in land rover assistance say to change the clima console, but in Italy if you have a small problem the assistance change all your car !!!

is the outside sensor ??

and when i open a door the lights not stars automatically.

somebody want's help me ???

thanks

Francesco

snipped-for-privacy@tin.it

Reply to
Franz

sounds like the outside temp sensor which I believe is located behind the front grille, infront of the radiater towards the top (could be wrong there mind). Check the wireing, connectors and sensor body for damage and poor connections.

if your internal lights arenot coming on as they should when you open a door try all doors one at a time and see if it's the same on all, if it is, and the interior light isn't switched off, then I dunno. if it's just one or two doors then I suspect the switch.

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

And it's so obvious it hurts but it's caught me out a time or two, check the bulbs are ok.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Franz> i have this problem: when i start the car the outside temp Franz> is 0 (zero !!) and the cold clima not run. i wait about Franz> five minuts and the outside temp is going up to the real Franz> temperature.

This is a known problem in early HeVAC ECUs and they do need to be replaced.

Andy

Reply to
AndyC the WB