Range Rover 4.4 Vogue

Bloody hell, how cheap can you get these now?

I expected around £20k, I have just missed out on one for £13k, a 2004 with

59k on it.

Seems the money crunch is biting, I'll put a few nice cash offers in soon, see what I get in the way of bites.......

hmmm

Reply to
Nige

OMG that is ridiculously cheap Nige. Was that on eBay?

Reply to
Andy

Nope, on Autotrader, some mega bargains about.

Reply to
Nige

I reckon there are better bargains to be had on Autotrader nowadays than on eBay.

Regardless, the V8 L322 RR's are getting pretty cheap now. Fabulous vehicle for that sort of money. Go for it Nige when you see the right one!

Matt

Reply to
Matt M

Petrol prices are sorting the men from the boys. I couldn't afford to run a V8 though that said, well not without something else having to give.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Cost me anything from 85-95 (if I ran it dry, it would tip 100quid Im sure now) to fill my 4.4..

I get anything from 280-300 around town and maybe 350+ on a long run if Im lucky.

Trip says 16.4 at the moment after 3months without reset.

Reply to
Tim Guy

Ouch! I'll stop complaining about the 20.1 from the HSV (VXR8 in UK speak).

Reply to
EMB

My 4.2 SC V8 in the RR is returning an average of 17 ..... and it *does* get some stick ;-) Downside seems to be its willingness to drink more than £100 a chuck now :(

Can easily get over 400 miles out of tank on a run, and about 350 round town, and have managed 500 on a nice run up to Scotland :)

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Funnyily enough that was a car I checked out yesterday as a possible replacement for the skip, ere, rangy, but that showed an average figures of

18.4 on the vauxhall website so I thought it wasnt actually any better.

I suppose Ill have to drop back to a car, although a V10 Toe-rag is appealing, I think there at least 24.x mpg

Reply to
Tim Guy

The 20.1 is a real world figure over 4 months. Used daily in the city commuting in traffic, open road trips some weekends and the occasional hard out thrash just because it's fun. 27 is realistic on a trip on NZ roads (slower than UK but a LOT more hills) so should be easily attainable in the UK. The only non-standard things about the car are a different exhaust and an ECU re-mapping to give 360kW :-). One of my colleagues with an identical but standard car gets the same sort of economy. My only real gripe is it's appetite for rear tyres - 10000 miles from a set of P-Zeros has hurt my wallet a wee bit.

Reply to
EMB

You could also consider a Chrysler 300c..... I've a 5.7 Hemi V8 Touring, it returns average of 19mpg local with lots of cold starts, 27+ on a long run. peretty amazing figures for a 5.7ltr engine pulling 2 ton, but it does have a natty system called MDS which deactivates 4 of the 8 cylinders when under light load conditions. Don't ask me how it works (it's complex and woul;d entail a lengthy post in its own right) but I can tell you this - you cannot detect it operating it's that good! Tyre life from the Pirelli P7's? Who knows. Upside is they are available for £104 each. Comfort, amazing road presence, all the toys and an engine note to die for!! Badger.

Reply to
Badger

That's almost exactly (within 0.1) what I used to get from my '97 4.6 HSE. Progress?

Reply to
Rich B

AND... Pig Ugly..

Footballers car.. Might as well get a RR Sport..

Do you really like um? Personal thing I guess.. Not my scenen man!

Reply to
Tim Guy

True. I could probably run a V8 too as we don't do that much mileage in the family car, but I'd prefer to spend the money saved on baguettes and bottles of red!

I'm holding out for D3 prices to come down to my level - probably still got a couple of years wait for the diesel tho. :-(

Matt

Reply to
Matt M

"Tim Guy" wrote in message news:a5nqj.1670$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe1-win.ntli.net...

Well, beauty is, as they say, in the eye of the beholder... lol.

Or Toerag/Cayenne/Rangie etc etc - all driven by footballers. What isn't these days, except for normal boring small cars?

Fair comment. It appeals to me because there is nothing else on the road that looks like it, it has a sort of uniqueness. I defy anyone to find a vehicle at the same age with the same performance comfort space and toys at the same price - it simply can't be done. An estate car that does 0-60 in under 7 seconds (manuf. claims 6.8, most people that have tried easily achieve 6.2ish, it appears Chrysler were very conservative with their published figures!), can cruise in quiet comfort all day long easily giving over 26mpg (beat that with a rangie, on both counts!), will hit the limiter at 155mph on the autobahn (not that I intend to test that!!) and it doesn't have to go to the $tealer to set up door unlocking preferences, auto headlights, lights-off delay when exiting etc - it's all user selectable. The 5.7 Hemi models are available at around 1 year old with low mileage (mine had 5500 on the clock) for c. £22k - you'd need to let an overpriced (but admittedly slightly better quality of interior furnishings) equivalent BMW reach 4 years old at least for that dosh and then it has no warranty. If I had to criticise it at all, it'd be the lack of a heated front screen option and the lack of aux. inputs to the Nav head unit to allow connection of peripherals. I've already said about the trim quality not quite matching BMW etc, but it does have a fairly opulent atmosphere to it. Not much else to criticise really. Oh, maybe except for this - don't buy one if you are the shy retiring type as everyone wants to talk to you asking what is it etc. I loved my Disco II 4.0 - it never let me down at all, but as I no longer need to tow a big caravan I decided it was time to change. The 300c is quieter, smoother, faster, comfier, more economical, roomier, and has much much better lighting etc - it just won't go off-road but then I have my 110 for that...... lol. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Scorpion Tank

;op

Reply to
Tim Guy

performance

Hahahahahahahaha. Actually, mine's called Herman..... Herman the Sherman! Now, I suppose if you dropped your Scorpion out of the back of a transport aircraft at 30,000 feet altitude it might do 0-60 quickly, but not sub-7 seconds. And it certainly wouldn't reach 155mph - that is much higher than terminal velocity. It would, however, win on mpg if the engine was off..... lol. By the way, I didn't realise the Scorpion had electric memory seating...... based on the potential number of squaddies using it, how many memory positions are there? ;-) Badger.

Reply to
Badger

That I didnt know..

I love'ed um.. cracking tank, Apart from a Stalwart, it would be my big boys toy purchase when I will Da'Lottery..

Tim

Reply to
Tim Guy

I'm being stalked by Chrysler 300's at the mo. Saw three today and I think they are a fantastic looking motor and would probably be one of the few current designs that would ease the pain of getting rid of the RR... though I have no such plans. They take up where the Granny Scorpio left off before they turned the last one in to a whale.

The car has a presence.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Have you driven one yet, Lee?

It might make you change your mind. IMHO they feel like a barge, even after the Disco ... without the off-road ability! They're also less comfy than the side seats of a swb S3 going fast (hah) over rough ground.

Personally I think they look like s**te. Blinged up s**te, admittedly, but still s**te however you look at then. To me they have the presence of a Reliant Robin, just something to laugh at.

'course, that's just my opinion of 'em ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx