Range Rover Fuel Tank Replacement?

Would a 1988 Range Rover fuel tank be a suitable replacement on a 1984 (B reg) RR vehicle, even if the '88 tank was diseal but the '84 vehicle was petrol? Any advice much appreciated.

Reply to
Roclive

I reckon so, unless the '84 is EFI where your in tank pump may not fit without modification, otherwise I think you should be OK.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

To continue this thread with only a slight tangent!

I am working on my 110 CSW (Clumber Spaniel Wagon) and this is fitted with a Range Rover Classic (Austin can tell me the date of the engine?) V8 with a full gas conversion (no petrol).

As part of the rebuild, I am planning on fitting a small petrol tank (the original space is taken by gas tanks) to give me an alternative if a gas fillup is not readily available.

So when I do, I assume I need an "in-tank" pump, or can I use an external pump, as long as it meets the specification (litres/min and pressure I assume) of the Range Rover one?

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

On or around Thu, 6 Nov 2008 11:40:06 -0000, "Oily" enlightened us thusly:

I've got a plastic RR/Disco petrol tank in the shed, the one that takes the huge in -tank pump/gauge unit (about a 4" dia. hole)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Thu, 6 Nov 2008 05:06:20 -0800 (PST), puffernutter enlightened us thusly:

You'll have to hunt an external electric pump with the right pressure. The in-tank is a big lump of a thing and won't fit the tank I made.

There are some nice alloy tanks made to fit behind the rear wing, which have all the fittings, but they're pricey and probably won't fit in a 110 anyway.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I had an '84 RRC which was LPG and EFI. The 'in tank' petrol pump was fairly small, fitted through a 2" hole or thereabouts in the tank top and secured by five screws. IIRC the pressure should be about 36 p.s.i. Also the early 110" fuel tank was much the same as the RR.

I can't see a problem with fitting the above type pump in the top of a small wing fitted tank as it only needs a small hole.

Martin

Reply to
Oily