Range Rover TV

Any idea where i can get a TV in motion type doink for the newer type of satnav system? It's not for me, but for the missus, as I'll be driving & that would be very dangerous.

Reply to
Nige

Not looking good. >05 onwards....... at least not cheaply

Reply to
Lee_D

Nige,

Is it the same as my RR Sat-Nav/TV ... i.e. touch screen? If so there is a free hack I can tell you about ;-)

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

It is indeed Neil, that would be great.....

Reply to
Nige

Nice and easy .... there are two "hacks" - one to unlock the sat nav and one to unlock the TV.

To unlock the TV - it has to be in TV mode before you start moving, or select the DVD you want.

Go to the Main Menu (The one that is mainly grey with the all the options on, i.e. satnav etc . Press the upper center portion of the touchscreen (about an inch to the right of the letter "U" in the Main Menu header) for about 7 seconds (nothing visual will happen at this point), then release the touchscreen. Then press the hard NAV button (not the touchscreen one). After a couple of seconds, a Diag PIN entry window will pop up. Using the touchscreen, enter the 753 code followed by OK.

This will take you in to the diag mode, select the video input test and the tv/dvd - that's it. You have to put up with a bit of text on the screen, but it's free!!!

To unlock the sat-nav, go the satnav screen, then press the touchscreen button to go the sat nav menus (it's the far left one on the bottom), then press the upper middle of the screen (i.e. very top, then middle - like the one above) until a black diag screen pops up, enter the code 1791 and press ok, the two buttons on the right will grey out. Use the return arrow to get back to the menus and you'll see they are all unlocked in motion, you can carry out this procedure will moving or parked, however if you stop while trying to get to the screen it won;t work ;-) Just try again.

This is informaiton only, use at your own risk.

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Nice one, I'll give it a go tonight on the weay home ;)

Reply to
Nige

Moved to geordie-land?

Reply to