rangerover dt

I have had my p38a dt manual for about 4 months now and the only problem I have had is it sticking in the gears occasionally ( supposed to have a new clutch 2000miles ago ) ie wont come out of third and sometimes wont go into fourth any ideas ? also wont sellect low ratio message comes up sellect neutral ( its in neutral ) and just sits there no grinding noises so I suspect something electrical ( scary) ?

any help appreciated

Reply to
<chris

Gut instinct says that when the clutch was done the wrong oil was used to refill the box. Drain the gearbox and refill it with the correct oil. Sorry I can't help as to what you should use but some expert will be along shortly to impart that knowledge I am sure.

Reply to
EMB

Reply to
<chris

No not at all... suddenly everything makes sense!

;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I've been know to put the wrong oil in a gearbox at work through hurry, excessive workload or just plain forgetfulness and you generally don't notice until it won't shift gears properly. Easily fixed though and so long as you address it in a timely manner no damage done.

Reply to
EMB

drained the main box oil yesterday seemed to be rather red in colour so maybe they put atf or some sort of synthetic in ! hasnt made a lot of difference yet but time will tell !

Reply to
Chris Gear

Reply to
Paul Coley

On or around Sun, 03 Oct 2004 17:47:40 GMT, "Paul Coley" enlightened us thusly:

the book says all the LT77s and R380s run on ATF. However, the local garage put synthetic SAE75 in 'em, and they seem to work OK.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

They shift a lot nicer on the synthetic 75 weight oil, but will sometimes baulk on the synchros when they are really cold (sub zero).

Reply to
EMB