Rangie; Losing Oil, Losing Power, Feeling 'Rough'

My '84, petrol Rangie has started to lose a lot of motor oil underneath, whilst also losing power, to the extent she'll only reach 65, even with foot to floor. Feels 'rough' too. All serviceable parts are up to scratch; filters/oil /plugs etc. Any ideas much appreciated.

Roclive

Flame traps blowing oil back up to the air filter would be my first guess, but if you have checked that...

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Last one I saw like that ended up with a holed piston - a right royal mess! All caused by running too hot and lean on gas due to a worn exhaust lobe on the cam. Do a compression test and post the results. Badger.

Reply to
Badger