Rave CDs

All,

On Friday, I talked to a guy at a LandRover dealer about the Rave CDs. He said that they don't even have them and the LR doesn't sell/distribute them (dealers receive their computers pre-loaded and are upgraded automatically).

Does anybody know if they are available on-line, if this would be illegal, etc? After all, they are just a bunch of pdf files (as far as I can see). I would love to see that kind of facility, rather than randomly buying one from ebay that might not even correspond to my vehicle.

Cheers.

Fred

Reply to
Fred Labrosse

But require a password and/or correct version of Acrobat to read...

You can always ask a seller a question... You are correct though that there are several different versions available on eBay and one does need to make sure.

Oh and don't expect to receive an "original" CD either. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

many of the pdf's on my website came from 2 cd's I bought from different folks on ebay.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
MVP

On or around Sun, 20 Feb 2005 13:34:28 +0000, Fred Labrosse enlightened us thusly:

I've been of the opinion that the RAVE (why RAVE, btw? anyone know?) CDs are all ripoffs. 's a pity they don't supply them officially, IMHO. You can, I assume, get the paper manuals, but they're very expensive. I have the "200" disco one here, 's a folder 2¼" thick, and at that it doesn't cover everything. From what I can tell, the RAVE stuff is the same material but in PDF format.

There again, I've not heard of anyone being "done" for supplying RAVE CDs, nor for receiving stolen goods, which I suppose is technically the offence that you (may) commit by buying 'em.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

No, they don't provide them anymore (according to that guy I talked to). They only do electronic version (from the TD5 engine, inclusive (?), at least for the defender).

Fred

Reply to
Fred Labrosse

RAVE IRRC = Rover Aftersales Viewing Environment.

There are numerous threads on the forums at

where you may well find you recieve a copy in the post if you supply your details.

I wouldn't bother with ebay... BTW.

HTH

Mung.

Reply to
Mungo

What vehicle do you have?

My RAVE cd is an absolute godsend. Worth every penny of the £5 I gave for it. Fully searchable proper pdf. Owners manuals, Electrical troublshooting manual, overhaul, service manual etc etc.

I've been mildly slapped for selling Jeep and Honda cds on ebay, but never heard of any convictions for dealing in that sort of information.

Reply to
Colonel Tupperware

Defender 110 SW County 2001 TD5.

Fred