Re: 2005 Discovery pictures

in article snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com, Roberto de Iriarte at snipped-for-privacy@spock.cl wrote on 31/3/04 6:26 pm:

Auto Motor und Sport has some info (in german) and pictures of the new Disco. > > See
> Looks great, IMHO > > Regards, > Roberto

Looks like a Range Rover at the front and not too keen on the rear. Perhaps my opinion will change when I see one for real.

Not much point in looking as we can't afford one anyway. We've found a decent Land Rover mechanic at Anstey who is currently sorting the engine out on the Discovery with a new cam etc for £750. Shoould have it back on Tuesday next week, so it should be OK for a few more years yet. Decided to spend some money on a newer caravan instead of a newer Disco.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

Looks like a delivery van!

Regards Stephen

Reply to
fanie

I thought you chaps might have been being a but harsh on the new disco but now I've seen the pictures my God is the back end bad! Surely it can't go into production like that it looks like a French van!!? The side view looks very "American 4x4" and the front looks like a more plasticy range rover. Could do with a few tweaks IMHO.

Fergus

Reply to
Fergus Kendall

Just seen this and think it is rather relevant:

Sounds quite believable to me.

Fergus

Reply to
Fergus Kendall

Yes, but they've addressed the poor departure angle with a shorter overhang and it does have all round air suspension so one has to assume that it will have more ground clearance for off-road than is evident in the photos.

Simon U

Reply to
SimonU

*looks at photos*

*goes to inseminate a Ford Explorer with a Discovery I*

Oooh! Look! It's a 2005 Discovery.

It actually looks sillier than the Range Stormer and that's saying something.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown