Re: ACDC Was: Some ranted dilllllllusion about ROCK or somesuch....

In article , Nikki writes

Weren't me. Bought Bruce a DVD of ACDC live in Berlin last Christmas. He's >seen them live several times and Angus was the inspiration for him learning >to play guitar at the age of 19, before Bonn Scott died. > >"Let There Be Rock" >

Who's showing their age ;-)

Been to see them twice but well after Bonn died

Reply to
marc

Bruce is. He's a proper old rocker. Got a battered old Ibanez guitar and still plays although he's had to alter his style since he severed a tendon in his finger a couple of years ago with one of the kitchen knives he'd just sharpened for me, with his new diamond stone.

I was grew up listening to them as my Dad was also a fan. Dad used to listen to Tommy Vance every Friday night - his voice used to scare me to death at the time for some reason. Unfortuneatley I've never seen them live but when I used to frequent the Rock Disco at the Leicester Uni Students Union they always played at least one of their tracks. Its a band I've always wanted to see, but I've been to see AB/CD on many occassions - they won a competition a few years ago for the best cover band.

Its been ages since we went to see a band actually - not sure if it was Iron Maiden at the DeMonfort Hall or Therapy at the University.

Reply to
Nikki

Therapy? :-)

Last band I saw was Saxon, who did a home gig in Barnsley a few weeks back. I've been spared the torture of Meat Loaf tomorrow night as he's postponed. With a bit of luck he'll reschedule for February!

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Twas Sat, 29 Nov 2003 08:52:59 +0000 when marc put finger to keyboard producing:

"Ride On"

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk

Mr.Nice.

B*gger... Wrong group...

There's a superb flame war going on elsewhere, though...

Don't you just love spikey haired spotty yoofs who think they invented Rock :-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Oh... now I feel old...

Fond memories of Alan 'fluff' Freeman spring to mind too...

Well I still get to the odd gig or two when given a place on the guest list. Old liggers ploy is to email or phone old friends a few weeks before they're playing in Sheffield ;-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Meat Loaf is always a full on 'show' - love him or hate him, I've never known anyone complain about a show. We saw REM earlier in the summer, supported by Badly Drawn Boy (good set), Idlewild (ok), John Squire (fair) and the absolutely superb Athlete. Only thing that ruined the day was that it was at Old Trafford (spit)... :-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

In article , Nikki writes

My tickets for Iron Maiden arrived today :-)

Never saw them as a kid, will be a bit of a laugh to see them now.

Reply to
marc

I've seen The Darkness (supporting Def Leppard!) and IMO they sucked. Which is a shame, 'cos they're the closest thing to rock to be successful in ages.

Reply to
QrizB

Def Lappard still going then. 1st concert I ever went to at the NEC. Still got their albums. Were The Darkness good? The first time I heard them reminded me of when I was at school.

Reply to
Nikki

Can't say I remember him on the radio. Then I'm not as old as you.

Reply to
Nikki

I *knew* I should have re-phrased that sentence :-)

The Darkness were dreadful IMO. Def Leppard, OTOH, were outstanding.

Reply to
QrizB

A cross between The Foo Fighters and Metallica.

Reply to
Nikki

Twas Sat, 29 Nov 2003 14:16:28 +0000 when Nikki put finger to keyboard producing:

coo, I rather like Metallica, except for the whole napster thing...

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk

Mr.Nice.

Sorry, it was a thickly veiled attempt at satire.

Therapy became nearly famous, then found out that there was already a Therapy, so they changed to "Therapy?". It was one of those slightly odd private jokes sometime back - whenever someone said Therapy you would reply "Therapy?" with rising, Australian, intonation.

I'm sure they predated the Foo Fighters as well...

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

I remember when I was one of those (never had the spiky hair though). When I was into Maiden, Motorhead and the like older relatives derided them because they weren't a patch on Hawkwind, Zeppelin etc...

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Def Leppard was, I think, my first proper rock concert (the Hysteria tour). My biggest regret (apart from not getting off with Helen at that party) is that I never saw Queen.

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Yes they did. Quite a while ago when I saw them too. Good band. Sunday morning turning up loud music. Got some of their stuff somewhere although I haven't played it for a while.

Reply to
Nikki

More likely to be long and in your eyes and Bruce has been into all of the above mentioned over the years. Motorhead were good live when we saw them - motorbike show I think.

Reply to
Nikki

I saw Radiohead on Wednesday - does that count?

Reply to
David French