Re: Advice please.....

> Have you checked the condition of the boot floor and rear crossmember? > I went to see one with fsh and carpet showing from below admittedly an older > motor but a boat owner can replicate that very quickly. > Derek > > Thanks Derek,

The current owners are known to us and they do not have a boat ( I do! ) and the previous owner from new allegedly only used it to drive to and from Ireland. I will have a closer look today though.

TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

Thanks Tony, It is less than that but I'm avoiding giving the asking price as I was hoping for a few valuations from the group.

TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

when I was searching for a Disco I printed off a number of ebay auctions mostly a year or two earlier but even then a much lower mileage have a squint at # 4625763956 :200 tdi, 4643404665 ( current auction) 300tdi,

4623724210 300tdi, unsold at £1322 !! Parkers have a quote but as the listed 'normal ' mileage is around 80k take private poor and then I'd knock off a bucket load of cash for a fitted recon box
all a question of what you would want to pay then knock off the work required . Derek 200TDi
Reply to
Derek

Its all a question of what you would want to pay then knock off the work> required .

Although I've bought heaps of stuff from ebay, I'm a bit squeamish about vehicles. Good idea to check for prices though and I guess I would be open minded enough to evaluate one if it came up in my area. I'll check - thanks for the tip. TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

I am a bit of a gambler based on the fact that my 200TDi has done 232k and is still going strong! There's not much that can't be fixed on Land Rovers at fairly reasonable cost, of course the engine may go bang but so it may in my current Disco. As you say, pricewise I can subtract whayever I'll get for mine and if I can get another 30 -50k out of it that'll do me for two more years which seems fair on the price.

I suppose one may argue that if it's done 200k it muxt be a good 'un! Cheers TonyB

Reply to
TonyB