Re: Alternator fitting?

On or around Sun, 28 Mar 2004 20:01:01 +0100, "CJ"

> enlightened us thusly: > >> >> The A127 has three terminals as you say, but the largest one (10mm >> nut) has next to it a lucar type male terminal, sunk in the body of >> the alternator. The label "B+" is next to both, so I think they are >> common, which the continuity tester confirms. > > the buggers are all different. but yes, sounds right, as does your > D+. > >> BTW, our rev counter (aftermarket) connects to the coil (+? - can't >> remember) > > they mostly use the alternator as a rev counter feed on diesels, but > I've see in such on later Range Rover V8s as well - presumably, it > allows you to use the same rev counter on a diesel or a petrol.

Well, after a long delay in getting hold of a pulley to fit the new alternator, it's installed. I'm seeing between +13.9 - +14.02volts at the battery with the engine running - is this normal? Should it not be approx. +14.6v?

The ignition warning light extinguishes properly, so I'm assuming I've wired it all correctly. If it were wrong the light wouldn't behave properly - anyone?

Thanks

Chris

Reply to
CJ