Re: blinker not flashing.

the indicators on my series three have stopped flashing. the lights will go

>on but will simply stay on and not flash. is this an easy/cheap thing to >fix? capacitors or something? > >cheers. >

Flasher relay (automatic switch that makes them flash and makes that clicking sound!) go to your local motor store and get a replacement, should not be expensive.......... about £3 in the UK, easy to fit, just pust into location, usually the fuse box, can't remember now offhand ....... just looked at the manual ...... behind the instrument panel (depending on year model)

Good Luck !

Reply to
AndWhyNot

sounds nice and easy. found a store selling genuine rover ones for $aus10 so should be a quick job. thanks!

Reply to
samuel mcgregor

intermitent.

Yes, there are good (expensive) and cheap ones (not always bad though).

Two types;

Mechanical (relay coil). These wear out eventually, due to the mechanical contacts/moving parts. Electronic. If you buy a good quality one, they should last a long time, no mechanical moving parts in them. However, like all electronics, they can fail anytime.

Clive

Reply to
Clive