Re: Dogs, dogs, dogs

We now have new addition, SWMBO met Logan. He was due to be going

> into a rescue centre, but it was decided that "we" would save him > before that happened. > >
> He is an 8 month old German Shepherd, not a pedigree mind, and is very > loving. His previous owner is an old lady who is going into a > retirement home, and can't take him with her. > > He has never been on a lead in his life, as she had a paddock that he > could run in. > > Decided to get a choke chain to train him to walk on a lead. I'm not > a huge fan of them, but they are useful for training.

snip

Not read the rest of this thread .... just your post .... so you may already have been given this advice (BTW good luck with your new friend). Imo you should ditch the choke chain asap (and buy an easyleader or similar). They are about £10 and worth their weight in gold .......... extremely effective, the animal will very quickly get used to it, and it is kind to the dog/bitch ..... no neck pressure and instant control. I use them to train young labs and have recommended them to many other dog owners (including a neighbour that re-homed an Alsatian) and without exception they have all been very impressed. You should be able to pick them up at any good pet centre/vets.

HTH ........... Richard

Reply to
Richard

Richard wrote: Imo you should ditch the choke chain asap (and buy an

. I use them to train young labs ....

Abzolouterrrlyy ... Zulu is a maniac/uncontrollable on the lead/choke chain ... behaves like an angel when he has his harness on (the one between the legs rather than a nozzle thinggy)... it must be a 'man thinggy' ;-)

Apolgies for doggy talk on a LR group but the dogs ARE essential to the wellbeing of the owners

Reply to
Diane Brookman

Dogs and Land Rovers were made for each other. No need to apologise.

Karen Gallagher

I'm falling in love with you - I'm sure you're pretty when 'not' welding, too :-)

Reply to
Mother

I'm falling in love with you - I'm sure you're pretty when 'not' welding, too :-)

Now you're frightening me :)

But here's my Tara

Karen

-- "I'd far rather be happy than right any day."

- Slartibartfast

Reply to
Karen Gallagher

You think I haven't heard that before? Every woman I've ever met has said the same...

And here's my Max - aka 'puppydog' - he'll always be a puppy to me, mind, he does a good job of 'grumpy old fart' at present - dunno where he got that from...

Mother

On or around Fri, 27 Jan 2006 09:51:24 +0000, Mother enlightened us thusly:

I love his expression in the "lampshade".

Reply to
Austin Shackles