Re: Individual brake pipes!!

Last night I was doing some research on brake flaring tools (yes, I'd

> decided to bite the bullet) and came across the site of Automec and Oakes > Tools, telephone 01280 822818. Problem solved. The pipes are winging their > way to me even as I write for the modest price of £4.84 each though I was > so pleased with myself that I forgot to ask about VAT and delivery. But, > hey, who cares? Incidentally, they do pipes for just about any vehicle, > one off to a complete set, and they come in copper or copper-nickel. I'm > told that's important to those who crawl under their LRs and polish bits > like that. I chose copper because it's prettier but I'm assured the spec is > the same. > > Derry

Copper is not a good way to go for brake lines, Kunifer (sp) is the way to go and won't rot.

Lee D

-- Project Percy - Jaguar 4.2 and Auto in to Series IIa 88 see it @

101Ambi '76 / IIa - Percy '64 / Rangie TD '90

alt.fan.landrover hall of fame -

Lee_D

Thats the word I was short of..."work harden".

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Glad to be of service!

Gary

Lee_D wrote:

Reply to
Gary Harrison

William MacLeod wrote in news:pan.2003.08.22.23.29.58.776281@nospam.&macleod-group.com: (snips)

Well, McRae

Willie, it's as I said, I really feel this is the sort of thing I ought to be able to sort out for myself! And I DO appreciate your offers of help. Fear not, I shall bend your ear many times yet to come!

What I didn't say in my post was that the brake pipes arrived within 24 hours, neatly packaged in a sealed polythene bag with plastic inserts in both ends to keep the dirt out. And the obligatory leaflets as you say. But I was MOST impressed!

Incidentally, Willie, having seen mine, a friend is looking for an old LR. Probably a 90. He mentioned wanting something tax exempt. If you hear of anything, you might let me know.

Regards, Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue