Re Land Rover ... Is it true....

that brakes are very expensive on the LandRover. Also, trade in value is very low and bottom line a piece of junk. I have been wanting to get one but now I'm not sure. Anyone have any positive things to say about this truck?

Reply to
Tee

What is a "LandRover" ?

Do you mean a Range Rover, a Discovery 1 , II or III, a Defender ? A series III, II or I, or a 101 ?

The brakes on my 101 are around 40 quid a set. That sounds cheap to me. Trade in on my 101 is more than I paid for it. ;-)

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

What a pathetic attempt at a troll.

A lot more nice things than I've got to say about you anyway - go quietly back from whence you arrived and stay there thank-you.

Reply to
EMB

TROLL

ee wrote:

-- Subaru WRX (The Bitch)

Series 3 Landrover 88" (Albert)

"Christ's fat c*ck"

Reply to
Nige

Buy one that already has brakes........duh!

Also, trade in value is very low

Get one that has been traded in.......

and bottom line a piece of junk. I have been wanting to get one

Insulting Land Rover on a forum of Land Rover fans? Taken your meds? Seems to me you should be selling pork in Palestine.

Sean

Reply to
Landynut

yep its true so go buy a Reliant Robin you cretin. ( thats if you know what one is )

Reply to
dave

Tee composed the following;:

Yup, it's all true.

Now go away and buy a Shogun, a Landrover wouldn't want you.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

On or around Sun, 27 Mar 2005 11:40:32 +1200, EMB enlightened us thusly:

'tis, innit.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sun, 27 Mar 2005 07:49:48 +0100, dave enlightened us thusly:

Oi. nowt wrong with Reliant Robins... I never got around to making a 3-WD one though...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sun, 27 Mar 2005 09:47:53 +0100, "Paul - xxx" enlightened us thusly:

and they *really* have expensive brakes.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Thought it were a jeep!

Reply to
GbH

Motorbike engine in the front, electronically-controllable car engine in the back, small computer to match the car engine revs appropriately to the bike engine, and bob's your uncle!

Simple!

Now where's Autotrader and my toolkit....

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Reply to
ricepudding

Which Land Rover ?

I woudn't know about all these coil springed Johnny come lately's but I would not say brakes are expensive as a rule.

Reply to
Larry

Do jeeps have brakes then ?

Reply to
Larry

On or around Sun, 27 Mar 2005 19:24:20 +0100, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

well, the Robin already drives the rear wheels, so really, all it needs is a front wheel drive from somewhere. Unfortunately, you'd have a job doing it within the weight limit, so it'd not get cheap tax.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Oh right, I thought it had a small engine up front that drove the front wheel, did that used to be the case or has it always been rear-wheel-drive?

I saw one made up with Ferrari decals once, mildly amusing..

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Mon, 28 Mar 2005 09:42:44 +0100, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

always, AFAIK. The one with the tiddly engine and front drive was a Bond.

Reply to
Austin Shackles