Re: More on the digital dash....

2 x 2Gig ones of these:

2 x 2 Gb? What sort of bloatware are you running on that...

:-)

Still, it'll never work.

;-)

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Martin

Calm Down, Calm Down!

Must be something to do with 62FL19, as you were blaming me for the new exhaust etc when I had the GS!

Mike (the b*st*rd) Derrick

PS Still not had a Christmas Card off Charlotte

SNIP>

Reply to
Mike Derrick

Ah yes, although I'm sure I was able to blame you for a few other spends, too... Steve has developed your art, knows my weaknesses and exploits them.

Did you get one from my Credit Card company?

Charlotte has a growing list of names... ;-)

Reply to
Mother

On or around Fri, 19 Aug 2005 20:55:58 +0100, Tim Hobbs enlightened us thusly:

XP pro, probably.

Mind, just bought the latest round of "Cossacks"

which needs 2GB of disk space to install, 768MB and 128MB graphics are only just adequate to run it, on a 1.9GHz athlon.

bloody big softare.

interestingly, their minimum spec is 512MB/64MB - I tried it on this machine with a 64MB graphics card, and all I can say is I'd hate to try and run it on the minimum spec machine they claim it'll run on. I reckon this one could do with more ram, really - trouble is, 's one of these modern mobos with only 2 ram slots, so upping the ram means removing 256MB that's already there, and substituting something else - in which case, there's hardly any point in getting one less than 1GB, which are about 50+ quid ATM.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

1.9Ghz, 786Meg? Why are you running such antiquated hardware? Treat yourself to a new pc

:D

Alex

PS. Mine has 1.5Gb in it, and still one slot spare......

Reply to
Alex

On or around Tue, 23 Aug 2005 18:07:39 GMT, Alex enlightened us thusly:

bloody thing *was* new, not long ago. and the board will take faster CPUs, I suspect. what are Semprons?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Unlike you to have an unfilled slot, Alex... 8-)~

Reply to
Mother

the sempron replaces the Athlon XP socket A processor (it has a smaller second level cache in its new 64 bit Socket 939 guise ) but in benchmarks it seems to make a little difference have a look at

for comparisonsDerek ( still rangerover free but for how long?)

Reply to
Derek

If Martyn is putting XP Pro anywhere near Grumble I will drown laughing in a puddle of my own piss. I suspect he will be doing something Linux based - probably a stripped down kernel or summat.

2Gb of log files is a lot of mileage though!
Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Oooh! Bitchy!

For your information it originally came with 2x512, but I "obtained" another 512 and slotted it in.

According to the manual:

The max on the m/b is 3Gb, despite having 4 slots (?) Only 512meg modules are supported, 1gb is not listed as supported. Also interestingly, the motherboard (Gigabyte, Nforce2) seems quite happy to support Dual-Channel with three DIMMS in.... However, to achieve the full 3Gb with Dual-Channel requires the installation of 2x512 and 2x1Gb. Fitting 3x1Gb will halve the bus bandwidth.....

Aaargh!

Alex

Reply to
Alex

On or around Tue, 23 Aug 2005 19:40:55 GMT, "Derek" enlightened us thusly:

hmmm. might just want a bigger athlon, then... :-) 's a bit like V8s, you always want a bigger one...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Nice thought, but you're safe and can remain 'dry'

Yup - scary isn't it, to be so predicable :-)

Reply to
Mother

I'm just waiting to see the kits available on ebay!

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

What? After it failed to work once and Martyn borrowed an MBT to run it over with?

:@)

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown