Re: Moronic postings to this group ??

I know the Simpson postings are spammed, but is their no way we can hit back

>at these sicko's ???

Oh I don't know... Philip Simpson has a few interesting things to contribute for an Aussie ;-)

Oh, you're talking about the spam??? Easy way is to use a usenet service which filters them. I haven't seen any for ages.

Reply to
Mother

Try using news.cis.dfn.de instead. If it's like it used to be, you can sign up for an account for free. I was until recently and got very little spam (until people replied to it, of course). Now I'm using the Zen news server and I get lots of spam.

David

Reply to
David French

It's no longer news.cis.dfn.de it's now news.individual.net and as you say there is minimal spam until some ***** decides to respond.

Reply to
Phil Gardiner

No idea how to do this as I am tied to NTL , or am I. Please enlighten if you know how.

Hope nobody thought I meant one of the regular posters :-))

Reply to
Hirsty's

In message , Hirsty's writes

I find I get rid of most by configuring a kill rule in my Newsreader to ignore anything which is crossposted. OK, so I may miss the odd genuine post, but that isn't exactly life threatening!!

Reply to
hugh