Re: Nipped to the breakers yard today...........

Nige uttered summat worrerz funny about:

For a few bits of trim that autoglass wrecked. Saw 3 P38's & every > one was shagged due to an engine fire. The bloke told me they get > loads of them with that. Is he talking crap, or is there something > known? > Nige

Could be the alternative fix to a shot engine on older models. First I've heard.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

shagged due to an engine fire.

there something known?

Call me a cynic, but expensive engine repairs, odddly high incidence of engine fires........

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

was shagged due to an engine fire.

or is there something known?

There was a Disco fire that caused a major accident alert at our hospital on Thursday - the owner was a pest control officer and the fire caused his shotgun cartridges to explode and his poisons to vapourise putting the whole of Green Watch at Bury St Edmunds Fire Service under the stethoscope. Damn nuisance for me as they lock all doors during a majax and I had to go out the long way round.......

( Only kidding, glad to report all personnel are now discharged in good health)

I'm assuming it was a petrol Disco but that hasn't been confirmed yet. Mind you, a colleague tells me of reports of Volvo 4x4's catching fire and those are the diesels. Anyone heard about that?

TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

Yes, my thoughts too. I've been suspicious before looking over P38s in scrappies.

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
willie

|| beamendsltd wrote: || ||| Call me a cynic, but expensive engine repairs, odddly high incidence ||| of engine fires........ || || Yes, my thoughts too. I've been suspicious before looking over P38s || in scrappies. || || Regards || || William MacLeod

What a bunch of cynics we are - my first thought as well.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

I managed to melt the diesel feed pipe on the last RRC when plasmering the footwells, underseal caught fire, melted the feed pipe and way hay!!... Now if I'd have though of it sooner I probably wouldn't have rushed quite so fast for the electric supply and hose. I'd already fixed one side up. certainly focused the mind!

It's also amazing how fast you can move when you need to.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Yeah, that was on Watchdog - some electrical fault on the cars have seen several go up in flames, although Volvo are as yet refusing to accept that there is a general problem with the vehicle.

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

I did similar welding a wheelarch on an XR3i happily stitching away until a big lump of what appeared to be metal (actually factory applied filler ) melted, caught fire then dripped onto the flameproof overalls and set light to my boot and sock. Who said white guys can't dance? Derek

Reply to
Derek