Re: Pre purchase advice 101

The major rust points are behind the bumperettes on the back, leading to

> the destruction of the rear crossmember. You should join the 101 club > asap for spares support... >
> > Steve

Agreed, only major rust point. Other minor one but easily fixed is a steel filler panel behind doors. Check fuel tank for leaks, replacement from club will set you back =A3250 or so. Check all body panels and fixings are there, hard to obtain. Doortops are unique to 101and rust badly, club are looking at doing ally replacements. Front swivel housings should have good chrome, they're welded to the axles so can't be swapped. Otherwise mechanicals are early Range Rover.

Budget =A3350 for a new canvas. Tyres are becoming a problem unless you replace with big MT type tyres, military 9.00x16s are getting hard to find.

Price is good if it drives OK, good ones with no work required are =A33500 - 4500.

Sean

73FL74 101GS 2000 110 CSW Blingwagon
Medway Military Vehicle Group
Reply to
sean101ryan

True, but an expensive one (300 from memory) Other minor one but easily fixed is a

Now available from club stock and pre-plated with zinc to stop the swines rusting out. Cheap to buy. Evil to replace.

340+ GBP inc VAT in stainless steel. Sorry. Though there are a few mild steel ones around I understand.

Looking at costs now. Drawings done and being tendered on.

Front swivel housings should have good chrome, they're

Easily. Undercover covers do the best ones.

The ones on the 101 on the front of the latest Six Stud are on special offer to club members.

Steve (101 club treasurer)

Reply to
steve Taylor

On or around Wed, 06 Dec 2006 19:09:29 +0000, steve Taylor enlightened us thusly:

Speaking of things 101 and club, anyone heard from Martyn recently?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I've been meaning to ask you that for a few weeks now! Worryingly quiet.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Yeah , he's mending still, I think he will be back with the usual vigour in the new year (fingers crossed).

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

AFAIK He´ll be at the AGM on Saturday, if he isn´t looking in here, I´ll take everyones regards

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

I had an e-mail from him around 10 days ago, it was club related & he did reply quite quickly.

Reply to
Nige

On or around Wed, 06 Dec 2006 21:06:07 +0000, steve Taylor enlightened us thusly:

good man.

And I've not forgotten that heater, I'll try and get it sent this week. Spent about an hour yesterday on the phone trying to navigate through the maze that is fedex, getting an oversize parcel sent as freight to florida.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 21:06:07 +0000, steve Taylor scribbled the following nonsense:

spoke to him last weekend, and even that seemed in doubt, his eye is causing all sorts of problems apparently.

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Nuts, please pass on best wishes and tell him we're misbehaving.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

|| On 2006-12-08, Simon Isaacs wrote: || ||| spoke to him last weekend, and even that seemed in doubt, his eye is ||| causing all sorts of problems apparently. || || Nuts, please pass on best wishes and tell him we're misbehaving. || || -- || Blast off and strike the evil Bydo empire!

And from Di and myself - and any other nuts :-)

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On or around Sat, 9 Dec 2006 09:55:08 -0000, "Richard Brookman" enlightened us thusly:

quite.

anyone sees or speaks to him, pass on GWSs aplenty.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Saw him, but didn't get a chance to speak to him in person and send everyone's good wishes. He's put the club into a very good position membership wise as he leaves his post, and the club committee.

I have send everyone's regards on

Steve

Reply to
steve

Well I wouldn't do it for all the tea in China , I think it's a thankless task trying to please all those people and testiment to Martyn, Charlotte and Max that they have all done so well. Indeed Grumble despite what the rivet counters may or may not like has undoubtedly converted more will-be and has-been 101 owners in to the fold than any amount of Green Machines which you can eat your dinner off.

I'd like to publically thank Martyn for tempting me with a 101 and for all the good times on the club stand where we've always been well entertained, sadly no doubt we'll not be casting any more shadows on the stand unless we stop for a Pims. However every cloud has a Silver lining and mine is the deminishing Visa bill ;-)

I certainly want to see MORE unofficial stuff, cracking bunch... or crackers?

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 18:24:23 -0000, "Lee_D" scribbled the following nonsense:

could not put it better myself Lee!

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

I'd never want to see the day while I own a 101 that the club isnt there though.

indeed! He adversly affected my savings and cashflow too, but in a good way ;) and the stuff he has done for it is the main reason why i joined the club.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Good call - seconded.

both?

Reply to
William Tasso

On or around Sun, 10 Dec 2006 18:24:23 -0000, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

both, definitely.

still fancy a spring unoffical in worcestershire, provided the weather's suitable and we don't mess up Tim's farm too much. that'll have as much to do with how wet it is next spring as owt else - but past experience is that most of the "unofficallers" don't want extreme mudplugging style off-roading anyway, so provided it's reasonably dry so we can have a bit of a play round the banks and so on without cutting the ground up it should be doable.

One of the things in that area I'd like to visit is Bulmer's Cider. nearer the time I'll look into what else is of interest. 's not quite in the area but we could all descend en masse to J.V.Like's and ogle the new land rovers, for half-an-hour's amusement. There is-or-was rather a good pub by the Wye not far from there to get lunch - the pub's still there, dunno what the food's like now as I've not been there for a while.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I could be up for that too.

Reply to
Nige

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 10:01:08 +0000, Austin Shackles scribbled the following nonsense:

mmm cider.... made plenty of homebrew cider this year, not much left either.....

Reply to
Simon Isaacs