Re-set immobiliser ?

After recharging a flat battery, the immobiliser to my Discovery (Flashing car) will not turn off, therefore nothing will start. Do I have to enter the coded numbers via the ignition ? Mike

Reply to
Michael Tuppen

Michael Tuppen posted ...

Search on google in this group .. I wrote a copy of the instructions, for re-setting using the key lock, direct from the handbook, but I can't find them again on my hard drive .. I guess I spring-cleaned a bit too early .. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Paul - xxx posted ...

Bad form and all that .. but I just found what I originally posted ..

Landrover Discovery Immobiliser Reset Sequence ?Directly copied from the handbook ..--------------------------------------------------Engine Immobilisation Override (entering the emergency key access code) If the handset is lost or fails to operate, the engine can be re-immobilisedby using the key to enter a unique four digit emergency code. The code isrecorded on the Security Information card and is entered as follows. 1. Using the key, turn the driver's door lock (clockwise) to the LOCKposition and hold in this position for at least five seconds. Then returnthe key to the centre position. It is now possible to use the key to enterthe separate numerical values of the four digits that make up the emergencykey access code. 2. Enter the FIRST digit of the code. If the first digit is 4, turn the key(anti-clockwise) to the UNLOCK position 4 times. Ensure the key is FULLYreturned to the centre position each turn of the key. 3. Enter the SECOND digit of the code. If the second digit is 3, turn thekey to the LOCK position 3 times. Remember the key must be FULLY returnedto the centre position after each turn of the key. 4. Enter the THIRD digit of the code. If the third digit of the code is 2,turn the key to the UNLOCK position twice, ensuring that the key is FULLYreturned to the centre position after each turn of the key. 5. Enter the FOURTH digit of the code. If the fourth digit is 1, turn thekey to the LOCK position once. Ensure the key is FULLY returned to thecentre position after the key has been turned. 6. FINALLY, turn the key to the UNLOCK position once more to disarm thealarm and re-mobilise the engine. If the code has been enteredsuccessfully, the anti-theft alarm indicator light on the instrument panelwill extinguish and the engine can be started. If an incorrect code has been enteredthe sounder will bleep twice and theanti-theft alarm indicator light will continue to flash. In this case,return to '1.' and re-enter the code. NOTE: Once the engine immobiliser has been deactivated by entering theemergency key access code, it will remain inactive until a handset is nextused to lock the vehicle.-------------------------------------------------- I tried this, just now, and it _does_ work ... including the engineimmobilisation remaining inactive unless the handset is used to lock it. ieThere is NO engine immobilisation when the key is used to unlock the vehiclein this manner .. ;) Hope it helps .. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Paul - xxx posted ...

Dunno why it posted 'scrambled' .. I'll try again ..

Landrover Discovery Immobiliser Reset Sequence ?

Directly copied from the handbook ..

Engine Immobilisation Override (entering the emergency key access code)

If the handset is lost or fails to operate, the engine can be re-immobilised

by using the key to enter a unique four digit emergency code. The code is

recorded on the Security Information card and is entered as follows.

  1. Using the key, turn the driver's door lock (clockwise) to the LOCK

position and hold in this position for at least five seconds. Then return

the key to the centre position. It is now possible to use the key to enter

the separate numerical values of the four digits that make up the emergency

key access code.

  1. Enter the FIRST digit of the code. If the first digit is 4, turn the key

(anti-clockwise) to the UNLOCK position 4 times. Ensure the key is FULLY

returned to the centre position each turn of the key.

  1. Enter the SECOND digit of the code. If the second digit is 3, turn the

key to the LOCK position 3 times. Remember the key must be FULLY returned

to the centre position after each turn of the key.

  1. Enter the THIRD digit of the code. If the third digit of the code is 2,

turn the key to the UNLOCK position twice, ensuring that the key is FULLY

returned to the centre position after each turn of the key.

  1. Enter the FOURTH digit of the code. If the fourth digit is 1, turn the

key to the LOCK position once. Ensure the key is FULLY returned to the

centre position after the key has been turned.

  1. FINALLY, turn the key to the UNLOCK position once more to disarm the