Re-Synchronising my Key Fob

1998 Defender V8i (50th Anniversary)

Changed the battery in one of my key fobs - then read the instructions :-( I can't see in the handbook how to get it to work again. I have the security code and it tells me how to reset the alarm without the fob but that isn't what I want.

Can anyone help?

Reply to
hugh

If it's the 10AS alarm system (2 button key) you just normally need to resynchronise the key after changing the battery. Procedure is described below.

Colin

PLIP KEY RESYNCHRONISATION Procedure.

  1. Unlock the drivers door using the key.
  2. Ensure all doors, bonnet and boot are shut, and if Central Locking is fitted, make sure both front doors are unlocked.
  3. Press the Plip key (Lock button) four times quickly, until the vehicle locks are enabled.
Reply to
Colin Reed

In message , Colin Reed writes

Thanks Colin but its academic now. Took it into LR Services (local independent) this morning to check out loss of coolant and they tell me the fob is u/s anyway - as is the radiator :-(

Reply to
hugh

Thank you, Colin, you are a Prince among men! Changed the battery in one of my fobs a number of months back an it hadn't worked since! 3 easy steps and it's cooperating again.

Reply to
GbH