Re: The old rangie lives.

ive not noticed having the timing out making the 101 miss. if it is

>too retarded it pinks and pops in the exhaust (even at idle). Too >advanced it just doesnt seem to care but runs a bit faster. >

It's a kind of stuttery pop which I assumed was missing. But I have=20 heard the metallic pinking sound I'm used to.

And no, I don't have a timing light unfortunatley. It is definatley running on all 8 though, I'm just relieved to have it=20 running. I had fitted a new halfords cap and a set of plugs when I got=20 it. I did buy new leads but when fitted it wouldn't fire at all, until I=20 had all 8 of the old ones back on then it ran as well as it did before,=20 so I left them on. When I put the new cap on, I swapped them one by one=20 and numbered them with paper tags too. Just to make sure they are in the=20 right place.

With the broken glass which I'm trying to sort now, I don't want it=20 being just too easy to start, so proper timing and charged battery are=20 out. I don't want it hotwired and stolen.

Once I get the glass in, I'll setup the timing by ear.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Playing at home:Cr=FCxshadows-Windbringer

Elder

It's a kind of stuttery pop which I assumed was missing. But I have heard the metallic pinking sound I'm used to.

And no, I don't have a timing light unfortunatley. It is definatley running on all 8 though, I'm just relieved to have it running. I had fitted a new halfords cap and a set of plugs when I got it. I did buy new leads but when fitted it wouldn't fire at all, until I had all 8 of the old ones back on then it ran as well as it did before, so I left them on. When I put the new cap on, I swapped them one by one and numbered them with paper tags too. Just to make sure they are in the right place.

With the broken glass which I'm trying to sort now, I don't want it being just too easy to start, so proper timing and charged battery are out. I don't want it hotwired and stolen.

Once I get the glass in, I'll setup the timing by ear.

Reply to
Derek