Re: Used LRs and Auto Trader - what's happened?

When trying to list online at autotrader web site, you cant list a Landie (series/def/etc) unless you do them as commercials (vans etc). You will also find a few that are listed with the wrong initial description (as its the only way to get them in),may be worth looking under there

The only way i've found is to list them wrong, then ring autotrader & get them to edit ad before it goes into print .

The wonders of modern technology......

Reply to
TheGhostOfSmokeyJoe

All tdis seem to be indexed as td5s, too. This makes it awkward to track down Series II Discos easily. Wonder why?

David

Reply to
David French

Have you notified their web team about this ?

I ask as one of those responsible for the software that transles the web feed into the production systems :-)

cheers

Dave W.

Dave White

It's worth what you can get for it! Looking at the pictures, and assuming it runs, you could probably get £350-500 for it, less if the chassis is rotten, more if it runs sweetly etc etc. On the other hand you could be looking as low as £200, without the overdrive. The overdrive is worth about £250 separatly, however, selling a vehicle worth £300 with an overdrive doesn't mean you can get £550 for it.

The price of series landrovers is infinitly variable, anything from a complete non-runner at £100 to £3000+ for a good condition/restored one.

Personally, The most I paid was £500 for a SWB SIIa and my cheapest was a complete, running 109" SIIa for £150.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Many times - well make that the 2 times I advertised my 110 - they seemed well aware of the problem & quite happy to do the manual edit. May have changed since then, but last time i looked, there where still quite a few series advertised as disco 2.0mpi (the 1st option on the list)

Reply to
TheGhostOfSmokeyJoe

In article , Alex writes

Thanks, yes I might transplant the o/d if buying another series LR (not much point selling it in that case).

I'm guessing that if I can get it running and through an MOT it's probably worth £1,000-1,500 as it is, but if I managed to get it that far I'd be running it!

I'm more interested in it's present value, on the assumption I don't have time to work it enough to improve it significantly. I'd be looking at a minimum of £500 as is (if worth less then it stays where it is).

Reply to
John Halliwell

In article , TheGhostOfSmokeyJoe writes

That's what I hate about web search engines, unless you know exactly what to type in, you can miss most of what you're looking for.

Reply to
John Halliwell

In article , QrizB writes

There used to be literally hundreds, have the prices gone up or something. A brief look on the web site shows some vehicles not in the paper copy, are they all in the paper copy or are some missed out (so much easier to navigate than the web site).

Thanks I'll have a look.

Reply to
John Halliwell

I'll raise it next time I meet them. I take it the edit was done when you contacted the local centre rather than the web team ?

cheers

Dave W.

Dave White

In article , Dave White writes

You can also advertise on the web site only for (I think) a fiver - so not all the cars on the website will be in the paper issues

Reply to
jon

Spoke to the contact number on the email generated by the add.........

Reply to
TheGhostOfSmokeyJoe