Rear Pinion Seal

96 disco V8

I did an inspection on the rear prop shaft due to excessive vibration. I determined that the flex coupling needed replacement. I also noticed that the pinion seal was forming a leak. I ordered and received a new flex coupling kit and a rear seal.

I took the coupling apart only to find out that I need a special tool to remove the pinion flange centralizing peg. I do not own a LRT 51-008 service tool. Is there another way?

I called the part warehouse, they provided no help.

Reply to
Jack Kerouac