Rear PTO on a 109

I'm just in the process of fitting a rear mounted pto to a 1958 series 1 109 and I'm having trouble working out how the propshafts / centre bearing works.

Is there anyone out there who has fitted a rear pto to a 109? Is the drive via 2 separate prop shafts with a centre bearing in between? Could some one take a photograph of the centre bearing arrangement so that I could have one made up?

Any thoughts/advice on the matter much appreciated.

Jolyon.

Reply to
Jolyon Beech

in article 40276402$ snipped-for-privacy@news.alphalink.com.au, Jolyon Beech at snipped-for-privacy@ozemail.com.au wrote on 9/2/04 10:44:

I have a PTO on the back of my '57 109 but no props or for that matter anything else. What I suggest is to get hold of the original workshop manual as it has a section on extras at the back that show the compleat lay out or get inn touch with the local Srs 1 club branch and ask there.

Reply to
Rory Manton

The following may be of use, I don't know. There are some useful images. I found it when trawling because I've been looking for a pto to make a rear mounted rotavator for ages. Anyone out there got anything?

Eddy

2.3 petrol 2a 1966
Reply to
Eddy Bayton

Thanks Eddy - I'd actually written to this fellow a couple of months ago when I was looking as well ;)

If you're still searching, try this mob if you haven't already as they have quite a lot of had to find stuff.

Cheers,

jb.

Reply to
Jolyon Beech

Thanks Rory,

I've had a look at the workshop manual which from my interpretation does elude to two separate propshafts one with the centre bearing unit integral with the end of the shaft. However somebody else sent me this link so now I wonder whether just use a single shaft without the centre bearing would suffice.

Or perhaps the span is two great and deflection would become a problem at high revs...

See what you think.

Jolyon Beech

Just for the record, I'm not a fellow :)

And yes, the 109 did have a centre bearing, AFAIK but I've never used a 109 as they don't suit our needs off road here - they get bogged too easily.

But email me again if you need any help getting your PTO to work for you

Karen Gallagher

Reply to
Karen Gallagher

hehehe sorry Karen, I think I wrote to Charles last time about his sprayer set-up ;)

I did actually manage to source a centre bearing recently, so over the next few weeks I'll get the propshaft end made up and hopefully get it all up and going.

Cheers,

Jolyon.

Reply to
Jolyon Beech