Rearbench seats

Hi All. What the ruling on putting in Rear Bench seats with or without seatbelts for insurance and MOT purpose.

Reply to
John Oakes

Vehicle before 1984 - I suspect a tester would not bother about seatbelts in the rear - however if vehicle is after 1984 you need at least lapbelts.

Andrew Renshaw

Don't quote me on this, but I'm prity sure side facing rear seats don't need a seat belt even after 1984... Toby

Reply to
TVS

Not a test item

Reply to
Hirsty's

And what might a tester say about a rearward facing second row seat like I have put in ?

To be honest I don't think anyone cares at all anymore than if you put a deckchair in the back of a transit, at least I hope not, it's not really meant for sitting on whilst travelling as it hides the toilet underneath :)

Reply to
Larry

Reply to
John Oakes