Recalls : Please check!

Not specifically for our beloved marque, but I just took the Laguna II back to the main dealer for a replacement tyre pressure sensor and a couple of tyres on the back given they are now 5 years old. The chap punched in the chassis number as we have a cherrished number on it and when he did it came up with two recalls on the vehicle for two faults which were identified as needing sorting pronto as in before it hits the road again.

Normally I steer way clear of main dealers though I'm glad I took it now, we were the 5th owner and the car is only 5 years old. Clearly my view of the dealership I bought it from has just gone through the floor as the one of the recalls is 3 years old apparently. I'd imagine that the previous keepers would have been notified but did bugger all about it.

I've done a quick google as you do being cynical (though they aren't charging for the work!) and come up with this site which may be worth peeps taking time out to check if you have a second hand motor.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Lee_D uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Forgot to say the recalls are for "The engine may intermittently accelerate by itself and/or suffer instability of the idle speed" and "Brake servo may fail resulting in a "hard" brake pedal due to the loss of power assistance." . How pissed would I have been if either had happened to Mrs D and the Kids, or worse both at the same time. A mate at work has the same year and model Laguna and has just had the accelerates by it's self issue, neither of us were aware of the recall and he had just recently bought his second hand. It wasn't just accelerating the throttle went to fully open with bugger all the driver could do about it.

Scary!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D