Recommendation Needed ....

... for a good spray shop in the Midlands/South West/South Wales area.

A friend of mine has a 1995 Defender with external roll cage that is in need of a respray. There's no body damage but over the years it's been to some interesting places (Afghanistan, Iraq, China) and it's starting to look tatty. It's a company vehicle but as he's a one-man company the cost needs to be "reasonable". He does quite a bit of work for the UN so the painting requirements are pretty simple - white all over please :-)

Can anyone recommend a suitable emporium?

Reply to
SteveG

On or around Mon, 29 Dec 2008 11:30:15 GMT, SteveG enlightened us thusly:

Well, the chaps up the road from me are pretty good at bodywork. Cost-wise, they're not the cheapest, but then the cheapest spray place is generally a poor bet.

They do a good job on the trike frames I take there.

You can do a deal on cost, too, if you have time/ability to do some of the prep-work yourself.

Not reall in the area you're looking for, though, perhaps. in terms of places people might have heard off, roughly half-way betweem Carmarthen and Aberystywth.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Thanks for the info, Austin. Do you have a name and phone number I can pass on to my friend? I'm just gonna make a list and pass it on to him next week ... he can sort the rest out :-)

Reply to
SteveG

On or around Mon, 29 Dec 2008 15:26:57 GMT, SteveG enlightened us thusly:

Derwen Garage, 01558650655.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Cheers Austin.

Any more folks?

Reply to
SteveG

Hi

There is a good guy at a place called crowland in lincs (about 8 miles from peterborough) he is called Kevin Frost - Frost Commercial Refinish and should be in the phone book. He paints a lot of heavy kit and odd kit also has shot blast facility if required. He has painted several mobile cranes from Me over the last years and the job is very good and lasts>

Gizmo 110

Reply to
jmillerinbourne