Relays, old skool ;-)

Morph has a multitude of relays tucked under the bulkhead. One had become U/S as the terminal has snapped off. On the bright side it does explain all the clickety click tick tick I've had for a while but been unable to trace.

Does any one know where I can get relays like these? I've looked at Vehicle wiring products with no joy. I know a relay is a relay but I'd like to keep it looking as standard as possible.

Existing relays here;

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

IIRC its a lucas 6RA or similar. There's several types, make and break, 3-pin/4-pin, intermittant duty/heavy duty 6v/12v/24v etc etc

have the4-terminal version (near the bottom) but at those prices you mightwant to think about fitting newer plastic can relays. Slightly cheaper here:
Holden Vintage and Classic do all three types (changeover, NO, NC) but look at the prices! £15 to £30!!

You'd be better off buying the Euro type relays that you see on Vehicle Wiring Products pages, as it's gonna cost you between 3 and 10 times the cost to keep it looking original.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Alex uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Cheers Alex! Just the job that. I'll take a look at the relay and see if it offered any clues but suspect it's the normally open type. It operates the horn and lights. I don't mind paying on this occasion as they are actually mounted through the front pannel and I don't want to create any more holes in it, besides it's still cheaper than some more modern relays / timer I've bought for much newer cars.

Ta

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

. You MIGHT get Euro guts into metal can ?

Steve

Reply to
steve

What voltage do you want?, 12 or 24?, I might have a couple of second hand workers.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Youre welcome to swap any of the ones of my ambi for modern equivalents that do the same job. Im going to completely rewire mine!

Reply to
Tom Woods

Oily uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Cheers Martin, All 12v's in Morph

Reply to
Lee_D

"Lee_D" wrote

Right, I'll have a look tomorrow.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Hadn't thought of that. It might work - anyone tried it?

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Sorry Lee, mine are 24v but as Alex says it's a 6RA type (12v 20amp) and the cheapest place seems to be

at £11.02 each. Under the 6RA on the front you'll find a five digit number with a letter on the end (similar to 33259F as on mine) before the 12v and date and you will need to quote this as it's the Lucas part number. If you have the Landrover part number I would ask at main dealers as when parts are slow moving they seem to sell them very cheap. Failing that use the above.

HTH Martin

Reply to
Oily

I found this which may assist:

There's another page for the 'little cubes' for those that are interested:
I can't vouch for their accuracy.

Reply to
Dougal