remote control defender

After dropping many heavy hints, for my birthday last week I got a remote control landy from the better half. It's excellent, although as previous posters have said it does seem a bit flimsy, especially the 4WD. The greatest danger is the embarrassment, however. I had to walk down the drive (100m, rough stone and mud) to do something very important, so I took the Landy with me to see how it would cope in the rough. (It did.) On the way back, I had to park it swiftly in the bushes as the next door neighbour drove his Escort down the drive we share. I think I actually blushed, and had to bribe him with a pint not to tell anyone. Mind you, it was dusk and the little headlights lit the way very nicely.

Wife is already talking about setting out a trial with some lolly sticks on the lawn.

People who have had one of these - can you make the transmission any stronger? God, it's worse than having a real one. I can see a winter of modifications coming on - roll cage, extra spotlights, winch... At least it'll be in the dry.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Best two mods I have made is a) disconnecting the speaker to stop kids annoying me with it and b) microswitch in cab to turn lights OFF, surprising how much longer it will run with headlights off.

Reply to
Foxhunter

Those Fords do have good lights don't they? :-)

He won't say anything, in case you tell his mates he's got an Escort...

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

No idea, but it would make a nice winter project to build one from scratch.

Reply to
David French

We had an off road course in our utility room last Christmas. Sand, mud, bits of wood etc....Oh and Isaac and Bruce with a remote control defender. The poor vehicle never lived long enough for any modifications. It didn't like the dunk in the bath, but try telling that to a five year old who wants to wash his car.

Reply to
Nikki