removing condensation from double glazed windows

I have been replacing the side windows on the 101.

As the rear body of the 101 is double skinned and built on a frame they are essentially double glazed - you put the inner window in first and then the outer using normal 2 part window seals.

I did 3 of the windows last year and have just come to attempt the last ones. 2 of these are perfect but one has always had a bit of water in, and the rest that i have just done are the same. I fitted one on monday night using as little water as possible on the seals but i have to use some soapy stuff to make the seals usable.

Does anybody know of a way of removing it?, or can you suggest a different way of fitting that might avoid it.

The windows are not totally sealed - there is a hole from the centre gap that leads to the inside of the truck which is desgned for a dessicator to screw in. I have been regularily fitting dessicators (constantly swapping them to sry them out) into the old steamy window for the last year but it has made no difference.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Tom Woods uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Take the window our and clean it with Mer polish , this helps to stop it steaming up.

Other thing I's suspect is if it's getting that wet it mat have a leak somewhere past the seal.

Dessicators need to be heated to dry them out thouroughly like those in the lid of a biscuit tin so I'd think that a slow bake in the oven may help. I've never actually done this on Morph and I'm short one Dessicator if you ever come across one..... having the windows tinted helps. Other trick would be to just have the one window paine rather than double glazed which now the bulkhead is missing isn't going to make a great deal of difference.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

I looked again thisafternoon and the window i fitted on monday now has no condensation in :) (It did have thismorning) Leaving it with no dessicator fitted on a warm day seems to have solved it.

The one i did lat year still has loads in though. I'm going to have to take the outer pane out again and dry it out :( I will check for leaks. If it is leaking then it is most likely that the centre section has a puddle in the bottom which will cause my condensation.

I fitted another window tonight and did it with the rubber almost dry. It makes it harder but its possible, so i might have sussed it now!

I am short 3 dessicators. They will dry out with a night on the radiator or an hour or too in direct sunlight (and they change from red to blue when dry) I wish i could get hold of a few more dessicators as i have flies in a couple of windows now :(

It is very nice and bright in the back without the tint!

Reply to
Tom Woods

Is there room to get a nossle of a blow gun in? I used to dry head lamps out using compressed air. It takes a while but it works unless your compressor receiver is also full of water then it makes maters worse :-)

Icky

Reply to
icky

Yes there is space for that, though there is a 90 degree bend so i cannot blow directly on the glass unless i make some kind of adaptor.

I will give this a try (though i will have to lug my compressor over here first!). I think the window has had water in for so long though that ti may have marked the glass - and the drip marks will annoy me later!

Reply to
Tom Woods